Monday, November 21, 2005
The green-eyed monster
I know, it's Thanksgiving time. I shouldn't have these feelings, but I do. I am almost 30 frickin' 5 years old so I should really grow up and get over it. Sometimes, I just can't help it. I read blogs. I go out into the real world and see people and hear their stories. I get jealous. I want a newer van. I want a 2nd car so getting everybody to where we need to go won't be so dang hard to do. I want to get my hair cut more than once a year and have the perfect cut with highlights even. I want some new clothes that fit right and that might make me look good for a change. I want to buy my kids one outfit that has a cool name brand on it. I want to get my nails done. I want a pedicure. I want a house with a mortgage I can pay. I want to go to the movies more than twice a year. I want to go to wal-mart and buy new CDs and DVDs every once in a while. I want a scrapbook room. I want jewelry. I want good make-up. I want more than $5 left of every pay check. Blah, blah, blah...and then I stop feeling sorry for myself because...
I have a van that runs and somehow everybody gets where they need to be on time. My kids have clothes to wear every day and they are clean. I have clothes to wear every day. We have a roof over our heads with running water and heat. And a phone. And cable. And a computer. I get to rent movies. Sometimes for my birthday and other holidays I get new CDs and DVDs. I have a scrapbook corner and lots of supplies. I have a wedding ring..and a mothers ring. $5 dollars is better than no dollars...And I almost forgot...and how could I? I have a wonderful family.

It could be Aunt Bitch talking.
I think I am allowed one poor me day a year.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled Ficken Chingers...
My birthday is in 4 days.
(Tara, I did start an Amazon wish list one time. But seems way to tacky to post it. :-D )

Click my renter, please. Thanks. :)
posted by Angie @ 10:33 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 11:29 PM, Blogger Tracy S said…

    Oh yeah I know those kind of days well.I think we are all entitled.It is very good that you see after all that wanting ..how very blessed you are :) WTG girlie.I hope you get all your heart desires for your birthday!!
    Love ya, Storm

     
  • At 2:17 AM, Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle said…

    Happy Birthday in advance. THIRTY FIVE ???? YOU OLD LADY YOU. just kidding.

     
  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger Crystie said…

    Angie, I do know how you are feeling. I feel exactly the same way. I bitch, I moan, I complain, I pray, then I, like you, remember to count my blessings. But it would be nice just once to be able to go spend money on my family and not worry that if I do, some utility will be cut off. But you know, I can tell from your posts and your pics, that your kids are some of the happiest (and cutest) kids that I have seen. They are obviously VERY well loved by you and your family. and Thank God, that means more than material things. Hope it gets better, hon.

     
  • At 6:38 PM, Blogger Mitey Mite said…

    How well do I remember having to choose between paying the phone bill or buying one of the kids a new pair of shoes! Some day, before you know it, they'll be grown and you will have money to do almost anything you want. But I bet you'll be like me and spend most of it on them & their kids. It's nice to have a little money, but you know what? -- if I could choose, I'd probably go back to when they were all little. Older women used to come up to me in the store, usually on a rough day, and say "These are the best years of your life." It's true, it's true! I'm so glad you understand that. You can whine anytime. We've all been there and we understand.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives