Sunday, November 20, 2005
Should I??
Ok, first...my birthday is in 5 days. I'll pretend I haven't heard about all the plans you guys are making for my surprise party. I'll be 35, you know. Saying that out loud makes it sound really, really old. I don't feel a day over 18, though.

This morning when my son was trying to get my attention and "mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy" didn't work, he resorted to saying "Ding Dong! Ding Dong" as in doorbell. Where'd you learn that, kid? Your dad?

Ok, I have a question. I posed this question over at the shout box on Blog Explosion one night. We were talking about the name of my blog and what the word "ficken" means in german. Blah, blah, blah. I was saying that I have thought about changing the name of my blog, but now everyone knows me with this title etc....This morning, I check my gmail and there is one from some guy I don't even know and it says "Get yourself a german to english dictionary and look up the name of your website." All that tells me is that he is a perv who was searching google or something with the word "ficken." Anyway...my question is, should I try to think of a new name for my blog and use Ficken Chingers in my tag line..or should I just leave it. What the heck would I change it to?? I just don't think I have it in me to change it..I know what the title means..I have a link to the explanation. Besides, I think it's funny that the ones doing a search for "ficken" end up here where a fat girl from Indiana talks about tv and 80s stuff and all those other goofy things. Let me know what you think. You know I love feedback.

That's it for now, kids. See y'all later. And..don't forget to click on my renter. :)
posted by Angie @ 9:17 AM  
8 Comments:
  • At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    but if you change the name,, then I can't refer to you as Ang the ficken chingers lady!!!

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger Helen said…

    Hm..........your blog is not written in German so I'd say "I gotta' be me!" I'd jus keep it the way it is. F_ck 'em if they can't take a joke. I mean, how many people do they think you are really offending? I think your blog title is very creative.
    Peace................

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said…

    Do you get a lot of Germans visiting your site? Ignore them.

    Take a look at my Journal to find out how you can take part in the Enterprise Christmas Party (entry for Thurs 17th)

     
  • At 3:31 PM, Blogger "Jet" said…

    I had a brief crash course in German!! Don't worry about what they say!!! And your birthday is coming up?! I can't wait!!

     
  • At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think you should keep it! When I first visited here I thought what a great name (of course after I read what it meant!!!) It's original and cute. Keep it. Who cares what it means in another language!

    I'll be 35 a few months after you *sob*.

     
  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger Crystie said…

    Oh keep it, your blog was the very first one I ever read! I loved it so much, that I wanted one! I think it is one of the best blog names out there.

     
  • At 5:06 PM, Blogger Mitey Mite said…

    Get this one: my mother, who is bilingual (only French, not German) was offended when she went to Germany and discovered that their exits are "ausfahrt". (Hope I spelled that right.) She thought they should change their signs! In other words, people will get offended if they wish to, but it's not because you did something wrong.

    And just what were those people googling for, anyway....?

    I'll be 61 just a few days after your birthday. 35 sounds pretty darn young to me!

     
  • At 10:32 PM, Blogger sea said…

    Angie - I don't even know what ficken means in German, and don't want to know. Keep your blog name; the story behind it is just too sweet and it is part of the history of your blog and how it started.

    My brother has the same birthday you do, so it won't be too hard for me to remember :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives