Wednesday, November 16, 2005
It's a picture-palooza
Yes, that's right, kids...I am still just not feeling the whole written word post thing..so you're gonna get a post full o' pics.
Click 'em all to big 'em all.
Here is the "official" Sadie's photo and Guard Girl's official 9th grade photo.









These next pictures were sorta kinda inspired by Wendy as she posted a beautiful photo of her daughters smooching one day. So, when Baby J was giving big sis a kiss goodnight earlier, well, I grabbed the camera.


Of course then Tater Tot got in on the action but she had a hard time puckering up because she kept giggling and laughing.












Here is proof of my 80s dorkdom. (that should be a word if it isn't already!)This is circa 1985 and I was in the 8th grade. I am on the left and that is my best friend, Connie on the right. We'll ignore her outer space top for now.

Ok, look beyond my really bad hair(mullet with some really bad bangs going on) and the acne...and note the fluorescent fluorescence of that top! Matching fluorescent orange earrings..dangling earrings. Collar up and if you look really, really close you can see the sunglasses I have hanging around my neck. Wait for it...wait for it..PAINT SPLATTERS on the side pieces!!! I was so cool it wasn't even funny. Last but not least, you can see all the buttons I have affixed to my jean jacket. (it's not even stone washed, dang it!) I can make out at least 2 Duran Duran buttons, one with a picture of Beaver Cleaver on it (don't ask) and one that said "I is a brain" or something close. Did I mention dork? Yeah..

One more for now and then I will stop. This is my graduation picture, as if you couldn't tell. Please, someone, tell me what was up with those bangs. Note the mortar board that had to be worn completely vertically on the back of my head because of the BANGS. Probably something like, oh, I don't know...99.9% of the girls in my class had to wear them like that.
More photo fun tomorrow. Thanks for playing.

PS My birthday is in 9 days...or 8 days if you are reading this on Thursday. :)
posted by Angie @ 11:03 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 1:51 AM, Blogger BeckEye said…

    Eegad! I had that same shirt!!! I had that same kind of jean jacket! I had all the Duran Duran buttons too! I had practically the same haircut! All you need is one of those stupid pink vinyl Jordache purses, and I would start to wonder if we weren't the same person.

     
  • At 1:57 AM, Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle said…

    hoot hoot (my catcall)

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Ha! I had those pins, the hair, and my graduation cap was vertically on the back of my head too! I flip when I see my mom breaking out that photo album. Had I known it was so far off of my head, I never would have embarassed myself in front of 800 people. Our parents must have shook their heads and said, "Kids!"

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger Crystie said…

    OMG! My hair was almost exactly like that in 89-92~~then after until around 96 it was ALL one length!!! Conditioner was bought every 3 days at my house! I will embarrass myself further by admitting I had the L.A. Gear "outfit" Stonewashed jean jacket, pink t-shirt, stonewashed jeans (with the legs folded and rolled up tight) and la gear sneakers. I was the envy of my grade. For about 2 weeks. Then every girl had almost the same exact outfit.

     
  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger Kristen said…

    remember the awful bangs from the 80s? two styles: either the wave or the pouf. you look like you are sporting the pouf in your graduation picture. I was a fan of both and would alternate. I recall that both styles required massive amounts of gel, hairspray and/or mousse.

    Don't we all wish we could have beautiful, shiny, natural hair like that of the Tater Tot? Gorgeous!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives