Sunday, November 27, 2005
Got any cheese?
So, I'm reading the paper this morning and there was a list of celebrity birthdays. Guess who turns 29 today?? Steve Urkel! I KNOW! Makes me feel old, too. I was thinking, there were 2 groups of people...you either loved Steve Urkel (from Family Matters) or you hated him with a raging passion so bad that you wanted to hire a hit man to wipe him off the face of the earth. Well, let me tell you, my mother was in the "LOVED" category. No joke. Now I realize that by telling you this, I am admitting that my mother is a total nerd (but now you will understand why I am like I am) but, it has to be told. My mom LOVED Urkel. So much so that we even bought her the talking Urkel doll one year for Christmas.
I distinctly remember when the episode aired where he turned into "Stefan Urquelle" and my mom called me laughing hysterically saying "Are you watching?? He's so cute..etc etc.." I pretty much told her, "Mom, you've done lost yo mind!"
TGIF indeed. :)
posted by Angie @ 10:18 AM  
6 Comments:
  • At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The worst was when they cloned him and had both Steve and Stefan at the same time. I was able to download the sonmg "The Urkel Dance" a few years ago from Napster. Hilarious.

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger Valerie said…

    OMG that was a blast from the past. I loved family matters but Urkel got on my nerves! Visiting from Michele's but I will be back on my own!

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger craziequeen said…

    Oh, I am definitely on US soil here - first football with Kat and Steve Urkell with you, Angie...

    Sorry, hon - never heard of him :-)

    I must have had a deprived childhood :-)

    cq
    Here from Michele's

     
  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    OMG...I was one of those people who wanted to put my fist through the tv when I saw Steve Urkel but I never changed the channel and watched the show anyway. Hmm, I think I was outnumbered by my other family members and my father held the remote hostage.

    I cannot believe there was actually a doll. Bet that's worth something on e-bay today!

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger "Jet" said…

    Urkel!!!!!!!!!!! Holy shit! He's a cutie pie now! I guess the dorks do end up the hotties!

     
  • At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I used to love Urkel, but only in small doses. I recently caught him on some VH1 / TVland special and damn!! He's now about six five and quite hot for a former nerd kid. You go Jaleel!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives