Sunday, July 10, 2005
More Answers
Part two..

Mr. Fugetaboutit, ShrinkingWop, called me out on my voting over at the Battle of the Blogs on Blog Explosion. He noticed that I voted against him all the time in the battles and he asked..
Have you ever read my blog or just don't like the look?
I will admit that I tend to vote against his blog in the battles. There are a couple reasons. Maybe three. First, I think his title/header thingie is too big and that bugs me. I can't ever see his latest post at first glance without scrolling down. Blog reader laziness on my part, sorry. Second, I can't stand the phrase/word, Fugetaboutit. Reminds me of the Sopranos. It bugs me. Third, often times he goes up against someone whose blog I like to read outside of BE. So, yes, I favor my "friends."
I know,I know, the battles are supposed to be about the "best" blog of the two. Best is relative. Some blogs that appeal to me don't appeal to you.
I have read some of his posts lately and he is a funny guy. So, Mr. F, from now on I will give you a chance..even if it means I cramp my finger using my scroll wheel on my mouse.

Next question was from Ivy. She asked..
What do you think is your greatest accomplishment other than your family?
I don't think I would have said my family first. They are still a work in progress! :) Graduating college was an accomplishment definitely. Is that too cliche? Really, I think my greatest accomplishment is yet to be seen. I hope so anyway.

One of my favorite sweethearts, Present Storms just complimented me all over the place and made me blush! Thank you sweetie. And I didn't design my new template. It was the wonderful and talented Cherry from Web Divas. Truth is, I am totally ignorant when it comes to these things so I have to hire someone to do it for me. :)

Present Storms came back later and asked me to tell one really quirky thing about myself.
I can't drink water through a straw.(except for the cup I have at work, which has a straw.) I hate it. Ew. Also, I only drink milk from plastic cups and it has to be really cold, but NO ice. Are those things quirky? Or just weird?

Scully and Kelly both asked for more pictures of me. Watch this space in the future. I'll be posting some. When I get some that I like. Until then, I will probably post more from the past.

So lost asked me..
Why for because don't you think you are cool?
Umm..not exactly sure what the question is here. But, I guess I am as "cool" as I feel at any given moment. Get me around my friends at work, my cool factor is not bad. My cool factor in the blog world is a little better. Am I REALLY striving to be cool? Nah. I just want people to like me. Is that so wrong?? ;)

Good old MommaK asked me to Post about the last time I was really drunk.
Would you believe, never? No, seriously. I have never been drunk. Once when we went out with another couple, the other guy kept ordering me girly drinks (alabama slammers, if that can be considered girly. Tasted a little like medicine to me.) to see if I would get drunk. Apparently he thought I was too much of a goody goody. I didn't drink enough to get drunk, but I certainly was feeling it. I didn't even do anything stupid. I did wonder if I would make it to the bathroom in a straight line, though. Wow, I am boring.

Yes, xtessa, we DO still call them ficken chingers. :)

I am choosing to ignore Bob the chicken man's question. My child reads this!

Erin asked...
What is your least favorite chore around the house and how do you make it fun? (can fun and chore be used in the same sentence??)
Definitely cleaning the bathroom! Especially the toilet. How do I make it fun?? I watch my husband do it!!

I think that is it for now. Thanks to everyone for the compliments on my blog and my picture! You guys are the greatest! Watch for my really cool banner over at blog explosion! Smooches and hugs!
posted by Angie @ 12:10 AM  
11 Comments:
  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger scrappintwinmom said…

    Hey Angie -
    Haven't been by in a while, Michele sent me today!

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    Hello, Michele sent me. I have never gone to the Battle of the Blogs. I must try it, no?

    Good job answering your questions!

     
  • At 2:10 PM, Blogger Shannon akaMonty said…

    Hi Ang! :)
    Speaking of BE and battling, I ALWAYS vote for yours because I already know I like what I find here. I vote against several people for JUST the reasons you stated...and also if it takes the page too long to load, has popups, or their top post is just a bunch of doody. :)

     
  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger HRH Courtney, Queen of Everything said…

    Hey Angie, thanks for visiting today! If you liked the summer mix, come back closer to Christmas, and I'll really show you something good! Thanks also for the link; I like having an audience.

     
  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger HRH Courtney, Queen of Everything said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 2:38 PM, Blogger HRH Courtney, Queen of Everything said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger HRH Courtney, Queen of Everything said…

    Sorry for the repeats, my computers wigging out this afternoon.

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Blogger Dawn said…

    Hey Angie, I added you to my blogroll. Thanks for the link on yours.

    I think of you as ficken chingers I forget you have a name. :)

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger Jason said…

    I always vote for Shrinking Wop. Maybe it's cause he's a paisan, or maybe it's because that picture just cracks me up.

     
  • At 7:39 PM, Blogger MyMellowMe said…

    This is my first visit to your site. I decided first to check it out, because of the name, fickin chingers. I love, love, love it!! It so rocks. Then I was checking out your profile, and I too am a mother desperately trying to stay cool (& loving the 80's). I have no way to rate my ability to stay cool, therefore I'm forced to be the Rock Star of cool (in my own mind, of course). A side effect of my cool Rockstar self is, I am totally lame, I'm obsessed with chicken, and I sometimes talk to myself. So boredom is never an option!!! Your blog is fabulous, darling, just fabulous!!!

     
  • At 7:53 PM, Blogger Eric said…

    Mr F is a funny guy but calling someone out on a BotB vote? Cheese and Rice, i thought *I* had a lot of extra time.

    BotB is kinda fun but one cannot get all excited about it. Want to win? Post lots of pictures and eye candy. Oh, and update constantly with newer and better eye candy.

    Just one guy's opinion. I'm glad you both have blogs!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives