Friday, February 25, 2005
Happy 14th Birthday, Guard Girl!
Today is Guard Girl's birthday. She is 14 years old today. I can't believe it. I remember the day of her birth like it was yesterday, almost. Some of the details are fuzzy, but the important stuff is there. Bubba-ump and I were young and probably just a little scared. I had just turned 20 and he was 19. But we plunged head first into parenthood. We haven't done a bad job so far. Perhaps you should ask Guard Girl that question, though. Anyway, on February 25, 1991 at 9:58pm, Guard Girl was born via c-section. She weighed in at 8lbs 8.5 oz and was 21 inches long. (I think) She was a great baby. A wonderful sleeper and just a happy baby in general. She was the first grandchild for my parents so for the first 2 years of her life, before any cousins came along, she was IT. Spoiled rotten. She was, and still is very smart. She has turned into quite a young woman who is funny, loving, caring, and beautiful. (even though she always says she is the mean one amongst her friends.) We couldn't be more proud! Happy Birthday, Brianna! (By the way, guess who shares her birthday today? It's quite an eclectic group. Justin from the now defunct group 98 degrees, Sean Astin of LOTR fame, George Harrison the Beatle, Sally Jessy Raphael she of red glasses and trash tv, Jim Backus aka Thurston J Howell, III from Gilligan's Island, and Renoir he was some famous painter guy. :))


Here is Guard Girl way back in 1991. She was about 6 or 7 months old. Time flies! Scroll down a bit to see her as she was just a week or so ago on Valentine's Day.  Posted by Hello
posted by Angie @ 10:39 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday, Guard Girl!! All the best to you!! :)

     
  • At 5:47 PM, Blogger Shannon akaMonty said…

    Hello, Michele sent me!
    But I'll be back, since I'm having a fabulous time at your place.
    Happy Birthday to GuardGirl.

     
  • At 6:35 PM, Blogger Babette said…

    She is a doll! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have a son-in-law from Indiana. I'll keep reading down. You sound like a very cool mom to me!

     
  • At 10:35 PM, Blogger smizzo said…

    Happy Birthday, Guard Girl!

    Mom, get ready to battle the onslaught of hormones.. :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives