Saturday, December 04, 2004
Introducing...Little Big
I thought I might start giving you some info on the members of my family...I shall begin with the youngest and move to the oldest. (Ugh..that is ME!)

Little Big is 20 months old. I usually say he's a year and a half, because I cannot stand when people continue to use the "months" after 18 months. Just a weird pet peeve of mine. Anyway...

All babies are miracles. Little Big is a true miracle. That is a long, long story. One which I will share with you, dear readers (yes, it's true, I do have more than one reader, now!) at a later date.

Little Big was, well, unplanned. I already had an 11 year old and an almost 1 year old. What the heck was I thinking? Honestly, I was more than a little on the freaked out side when I realized I was pregnant again! (it was ALL Bubba-ump's fault, I swear!) The pregnancy went along without problems. I barely gained any weight. (I could support SEVERAL babies off the fat of the land...believe me!) I was due in late March, but was going to have a scheduled c-section since I'd had 2 previous. We hadn't found out the sex of the baby (just like the 2 previous pregnancies) so this being our last baby--I was having my tubes tied after the baby was delivered--we were excited. Bubba-ump just "knew" it was a girl. On March 18, 2003, when they held the baby up and asked Dad what it was, the look on his face was priceless! Ok, the look in his eyes. That is all I could see since he had to wear a surgical mask.

So after having 2 girls, we were blessed with a son.

Here is what I remember about his first year of life. HE DIDN'T SLEEP! The details are fuzzy.

At a year and a half, Little Big is a true character. He has an infectious smile. When he gives you a kiss he puckers his lips up really big. He has a girlfriend at the babysitter's house. L. She is a younger woman. They hug and kiss every morning when they see each other and every night before they leave. He is a mama's boy, but when he gets hurt and his daddy is around, that is who he runs to first. However, after he gets daddy sympathy, he has to finish off with mommy. He watches his big sister Tater Tot and does everything she does. He's a cross dresser. Huh? Yeah, that's what I said. He likes heels and pink clothing. Preferably his sister's clothes. Preferably on his head. It is nothing to find him with plastic high heels on his feet, pink pants on his head and a pink shirt around his waist as a skirt. He still likes a little milk out of a bottle at night. A nightcap if you will. I still give it to him. He's my baby. My last baby. He doesn't talk much, but in recent weeks he has realized that there are words in there dying to get out, so his vocabulary is growing. I'm sure I am the only one who can understand. I'm his mama, that is how it should be. (is it any wonder why B-ump thinks he will be too much of a mama's boy? Who cares? :o)) He likes to climb, jump and fall. In no particular order. He likes cars and trains and "men".(action figures) He likes to dance. He doesn't pay much attention to tv. Oh, and, he loves to cram stuff down in the heating vents. That's my boy.

I am sure as I write my blog, you will get to know him more and more...probably more than you hoped for. I can be the queen of TMI sometimes...more about me at a later time.
posted by Angie @ 11:00 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Debra@Peaceabull said…

    Hey, thanks for the comments and complement! I'm sure I'm going to enjoy reading your blog. How is good old Muncie? I haven't been back since I graduated. I now live north-ish of you...

     
  • At 1:57 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    Someone who knows Muncie?? Wow! Muncie is, well, same old same old, however, we are getting a 2nd wal-mart. Yee haw! Thanks for stopping in!

    Ang

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives