Wednesday, December 01, 2004
Another MotY Award
That would be "Mother of the Year."

So, I am in the laundry room on Sunday, doing laundry. (duh) Little Big follows me. No big deal. However, after he sees that what mommy is doing is boring, he wanders off. Now, you must understand a couple of things. In our house, one must either latch the "heathen" gate to prevent TT and LB from wreaking havoc in the bathroom/kitchen/laundry room, or at the very least close the bathroom door. Otherwise, one would find either 1.) toilet paper unraveled into a soft fluffy heap in the middle of the floor (or, god forbid in the TOILET!) or 2.)various items tossed into the bathtub and/or toilet. So, I am innocently doing laundry and LB wanders off. I then see him coming back my way with a DISPOSABLE RAZOR IN HIS MOUTH!! Seems he needed to brush his teeth. Or slice his tongue to slivers, I'm not sure which. After I managed to move from the spot I was cemented to, I sprinted across the floor and most gingerly pulled the razor from his grip. (one other thing of note...sprinting, for me, can only be accomplished from an adreneline rush.) No blood came pouring from his mouth, so he's fine. A certain 13 year old, who shall remain nameless *cough guard girl cough* needs to remember to put the razors up on the shelf. I certainly didn't leave it down. I haven't shaved my legs lately. It IS winter after all.

No other nominations needed. I win. Hands down.
posted by Angie @ 7:58 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sorry to post anonymous but it wouldn't let me sign in. I would have had a heartattack, no kids of my own but babysat neices and nephews enough to know that I have left things down where I shouldn't have. Thanks goodness no bleeding is always a wonderful sign.

    Tara from pineapplespost.com

     
  • At 7:06 AM, Blogger Angie said…

    Thanks Jenny. :) I really am not all that hard on my self...would've been worse had he bled, I am sure.

     
  • At 7:08 AM, Blogger Angie said…

    Tara, heart attack averted ...this time. :) Thanks for stopping in.

    Ang

     
  • At 1:46 PM, Blogger Debra@Peaceabull said…

    Talk about a heart-stopping moment!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives