Friday, November 26, 2004
The Tale of the Tarantula
The time: a few weeks ago--approximately 1:30am
The place: my living room
The Scene: Anj-panj tries to pull herself away from the computer to go to bed since she has to work the next day. Guard Girl, Tater Tot, and Little Big are snoozing away. Bubba-ump is at work. As Anj-panj swivels in the computer chair to contemplate going to bed, she sees something move in the corner of her eye.

Now, we are prone to have mice in the fall/winter, so I figured what I saw move was a mouse coming out to say "Hi. How are ya?" as they sometimes do. As I turned my head and focused on the subject, my eyes widened and I am quite positive my mouth fell open. A spider! A spider that was freaking big enough to be seen across the room out of the corner of my eye! I bit off a scream. (Let me say here, I HATE SPIDERS!! No matter what the size!) I moved to get out of the chair to find something to kill it with, and it paused during its run along the baseboard to look at me, see me approaching and turn and run like the wind behind the table by Bubba-ump's chair. So, I immediately think, I can NOT go to bed now! How could I possibly sleep knowing there is a hidden tarantula in the house? It could crawl on my children. It could crawl on ME! So, I think, I will have to sit unmoving in the computer chair all night, watching for tarantula movement. But, wait! I have myself a knight in shining armour. Albeit, he is working, still...So, I called Bubba-ump.
me:There's a tarantula in our house.
Bu:What? Are serious?
me:It is the biggest freaking spider I have EVER seen!(At this point I am in hysterical laugh, almost cry, mode)
Bu:Where is it?
me:Hiding stealthily behind your table.
Bu:Is it really that big?
me:YES! (hysterical squeal as the tarantula scrambles along the baseboard again.)
me:Ok, just thought I'd let you know. I'll still be up when you get home.
Bu:I'll be home in a minute.
me:No, no, you can't leave work.
Bu:I'll be there in a minute.
Me:Ok.

So, I wait and I watch. In the mean time, Little Big wakes up, so he is sitting there with me. And when Bu gets home, Tater Tot wakes up. Now, picture this. My knight walks in with a flattened box and a long handled POOL NET. I kid you not. He walks slowly in the room and says, "Where is it?" I point. He looks. Nothing. He moves the recliner. Nothing. He moves the table. "OH MY GOD!" Folks, he didn't believe me on the phone. After much scrambling about, the killer poisonous tarantula was smooshed in the cardboard. The kids had to see its guts.
Bubba-ump returned to work. We went to bed.

Ahh..the life of a distressed damsel.

Stay tuned for The Tale of the Bat
posted by Angie @ 3:03 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 4:36 PM, Blogger Darnell Clayton said…

    LOL...that is too funny. :)

     
  • At 6:55 AM, Blogger Angie said…

    At the time it was...surreal! :) Thanks for reading!!

    Ang

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger NH Yocal said…

    OMG, if I saw a taratula I would move...after I had a heart attack, before I screamed bloody murder, that would be heard throughout the whole neighborhood, who hopefully would come a running (maybe with big pitchforks to kill it). Yikes!

    Thank goodness for your Knight in Shining armor.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives