Sunday, June 15, 2008
A few things on my mind
  • I really need to make an appointment to get my hair cut. I hate getting my hair cut. Almost as much as I hate the mall. My hair is just so...blah. It's heavy and frizzy and just plain icky. It only looks good in the first 5 minutes after I blow it dry. My hair needs shape. I just hate change when it comes to my hair. And? I feel like if I get too much of it cut off, then I will look even more fat. As if my hair style could possibly slim me.
  • I know I have issues. Weird issues. Strange issues. But they're MINE! Shut up.
  • The nails on my left hand are seriously the longest they've been in years. I have to grow them out au naturale since I can't afford to get my nails did on a regular basis. Now my right hand, I am right-handed, are just kind of eh. They always get broken easier. I need to trim both hands to an equal length so I don't look odd.
  • I've had a couple of months of thumbing my nose at my weight loss efforts. I very much need to stop that. I had lost 22 pounds. I need to keep going.
  • I'm beginning to worry about the upcoming year. My oldest will be a senior and there will be SO. MUCH. TO. DO. Senior pics, grad stuff, college choosing, more formal dances, etc...It makes my head spin just thinking about it.
  • This is also the last summer Brianna will be in marching band. This makes me sad.
  • We had a storm move through here earlier this evening and then a seriously large rainbow. It was still raining so I was standing outside in the rain, plastic baggie over my camera, trying to get a good shot. It doesn't get much more redneck than that.
  • My purse is a vast wasteland of crap. It needs cleaned out in the worst way.
  • My bedroom is worse.
  • I don't want to tackle either one.
  • Now, I must go to bed. It's my early week at work this week. That alarm will be going off sooner than I would like.
posted by Angie @ 10:05 PM  
9 Comments:
  • At 7:57 AM, Blogger DrillerAA said…

    I've been a little lax with my weight loss program as well. It's time to start anew. I am still down eleven pounds from my starting weight, so I just need to get back to the task of taking it off, taking it all off! Uh, oh, that didn't come out right. Well, you know what I mean.
    Have a great week.

     
  • At 3:32 PM, Blogger Amy, aka ABB said…

    College choosing.... you mean she hasn't already decided? Are you guys waiting to do ALL the visiting this summer? Ouch! Having been through it once and with an incoming senior just like yours, here's my few words of advice: Have them do ALL the applications/essays before school starts. In the first week of school, personally ask whichever teachers if they would be comfortable writing a GOOD letter of recommendation. The next week, give those teachers a letter formally requesting the recommendation for X school/s, and include a "brag" sheet (that's for reminding them who you are and what you've done in school).

     
  • At 3:01 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said…

    What a list. Time to check them off!

     
  • At 9:12 PM, Blogger NH Yocal said…

    Wow, you really have a lot on your mind!

    Looks like you need a nice glass of wine and some kind of distraction!

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Blogger BeckEye said…

    Psst....Michael Johns supposedly grew a mustache.

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger Dr. Electro said…

    Hey, kiddo. I funally cut my hair. I went almost a year. I just couldn't stand it anymore.

    Just to return the "aggravation factor" from Father's Day, I am still trying to gain weight. I feel like a skinny runt at 160.

    You hang in there and keep going. It's not time to fall over and quit yet. :D

     
  • At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok, I have updated my page. It's your turn. Hope you are having a great summer and, by the way, I can always help with that much needed distraction. :-)

     
  • At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    22 lbs? Wow! Congratulations!
    And a word of advice from someone who just got through her senior year of high school... the due dates for everything are a lot earlier than you'd expect. Start looking for stuff in the fall. More than a number of scholarships and universities have their application due dates in the fall. Good luck to your senior!

     
  • At 7:48 PM, Blogger Scooter McGavin said…

    Do you realize it has been a month since you last posted here? More importantly, do you realize today is Lyrics Quiz day?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives