Friday, May 30, 2008
Kween
Jameson has certain speech issues that I worry about because I don't want him to be made fun of in kindergarten next school year. He had a 'speech teacher' in pre-school and he'll have one in elementary as well.

He has trouble with Gs and Rs and Ls and certain other letter combinations.

We were in the car on Wednesday and Bubba said something about ice cream and Jameson said, "Can we go to Dairy QUeen?" He said the QU combination perfectly! In the past, he would say it as keen. I was practically crawling over the seat to high five him! We had him repeat it about 10 times. It really was a huge moment. I also got him to say 'goat' correctly as in the past he would say, dote.

It was like all of the sudden it clicked for him and his tongue. It certainly makes mommy feel better. My baby is growing up.
posted by Angie @ 9:43 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 7:31 AM, Blogger Amy, aka ABB said…

    Been there, done that with my oldest. It "clicked" for him in 1st grade. You're doing the right thing with getting the speech therapy now. He'll probably be like most kids and be totally done with it by 2nd grade. Oh, and he will NOT be alone in elementary school.

     
  • At 10:02 AM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said…

    That's good to hear. Sometimes it can be hard to master these things.

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger DrillerAA said…

    Give the big guy a high five for me as well. We have a grand daughter that had some of those issues early on, but it clicked with her as well, just prior to entering the public school system.

     
  • At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds to me like the kid's retarded...prolly came from the mother.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives