Wednesday, May 07, 2008
I felt all important and stuff
So, I got to go on a business-trip-like-thingy to Ohio last week. It was kind of fun, actually. Mainly because I didn't have to work. And got all my food paid for. And got a hotel room to myself.

Late last year, the company I work for was bought by a larger company. They do some things differently than we do/did, so my boss and I and one other person from a different department went for a visit to one of the regional offices. I got to observe their client services department and listen in on one of the rep's phone calls. (Not just ONE phone call. But phone callS made to one rep. Oh, nevermind.) We got a tour of the building and lots of other stuff that would bore you.

On the way, we ate at Cheeseburger In Paradise. Look! Proof I went to the bathroom at CIP!
Please ignore goofy look on my face.


On to the good stuff, though. We got to the hotel and found out that we each got our own room! Rock on! But we were all spread out on different floors. That was no big deal, though. I got to my room and it was a suite! I was like a kid in a toy store, I swear.





All that space for li'l ole me! Woo hoo!

Monday evening, there was a "manager's reception" in the lobby of the hotel with free drinks! I had two tequila sunrises and that was all it took to make me feel all warm and after that, we walked to the Macaroni Grille. Have you been to the Macaroni Grille? Their portions are ginormous! On the way back, we got rained on. Cold rain. Guess who didn't wear their jacket to the restaurant? Yeah, that would be me.

Back in my hotel room I was lost without a computer to log onto so I changed clothes, texted my husband, watched John & Kate Plus 8 and went to bed. It was like vacation!

To sum it up free food, free lodging, no real work. A really good way to spend 36 hours.
posted by Angie @ 7:20 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 9:52 PM, Blogger Raevyn said…

    MY GAWD WOMAN... I am in love with your hair!!!!

    That is all, had to be said ;)

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Blogger Scooter McGavin said…

    You came to Ohio and didn't give me a call? Hrumpf.

     
  • At 10:35 PM, Blogger DrillerAA said…

    I know just how you feel. My wife and I stayed at the Hilton in Branson last fall. They upgraded us to a one bedroom suite. OMG, now I know how the high rollers live. It was great. Only about six more weeks before we take the grandcrew to Disney World...WoooHooo!
    Oh yeah, the infamous 70's wedding pic will be posted first thing in the morning.

     
  • At 3:01 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said…

    I see you had a company cheesebuger.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives