Thursday, April 10, 2008
It's all wrong, but it's not all right
I know I shouldn't be into a TV show as much as I am. (see my 3 million mentions of Friday Night Lights) But, I admit that I am an Idol junkie through and through and I really don't care who knows.

I always have favorites on American Idol. Some seasons they border on obsession. (Ok, only ONE previous season. Taylor and Chris, anyone?) This year, I am completely in love with Jason Castro and completely in lustful obsession with Michael Johns. I think I said that I would ALMOST leave Dave Matthews for Michael Johns. That is saying a lot because you guys all know of my undying love for Mr. Matthews.

ANYway...I live blogged AI tonight over at Slim's and I was just tooling along watching the show and BAM! MY Michael was in the bottom 3! What the H? In the bottom? But..but..I voted for him for 2 freakin' hours Tuesday night to insure his safety! (ha ha ha ha ha, good one. As IF the votes count.)

I was dizzy. My lips went numb. My knees were weak! What the bloody hell? (as Simon might say.) And then freakin' pipsqueak Ryan goes to commercial AGAIN. My heart could barely take it.

Ryan tells frickin' Syesha and Carly that they are safe. THEN, he says, "Now, last year, during Idol Gives Back, we didn't eliminate anybody at this stage of the competition. Tonight.....we're going to say goodbye to Michael Johns." Nice, Ryan. That sucked and you are a pipsqueak.

I MAY have completely lost it and started yelling at the top of my lungs, "OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH. MY. GOSH!" Maybe. And Jameson MIGHT have said, "Mommy, why are you freaking out?" You know, I'm just not sure because I was suffering from shock.
BUT(T)...Michael got to sing out and well, he sounded scrumpdiddlyumptious and MY LORD look at that butt! (at about :45 and 1:05) Boy wears himself some JANES!

So, I drowned my sorrows in Diet Dr Pepper Cherry Vanilla (liquid crack), McDonald's chocolate chip cookies (fast food CRACK, right there) and all of my downloaded performances and studio tracks of Michael. *sigh* Diet be damned! Michael would want it this way. My friends at Slim's boo-hooed with me and now I think I'll go sob with Beckeye.

PS For you Michael naysayers, if you don't think he was any good, you really should watch THIS or THIS. Even if you don't like his style, there's no denying he's good.
posted by Angie @ 11:49 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 7:45 AM, Blogger Amy, aka ABB said…

    I'll let you cut in line ahead of me to buy his first album! He really is much better than what we saw on AI.

     
  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger Stacy said…

    I liked him, but I never had him pegged to be the winner - although every season has to have it's "shocking" results show.

    If he's that good, he'll land on his feet...and he'll be fine. :)

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger BeckEye said…

    Agreed. Oh, except he's MY Michael.

    Hopefully he'll be in the audience next week. But unfortunately that means he'll be sitting on that tasty biscuit of an ass.

     
  • At 1:57 PM, Blogger Jose said…

    I am not a fan of Michael's but my jaw dropped when Ryan said Syesha and Carly were safe. I could not believe it. Indication that our votes don't really count... who do they think they are kiddin'. Record braking votes my butt.

    I could do without Carly just fine, I do love Syesha and will be sad when her turn comes.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives