Wednesday, January 02, 2008
New Year, New Me?
Well, most likely not, but it sounds good, right?

Everyone knows that the new year brings new hope for many people. It's a time of change and good intentions--a time of resolutions. I'm a new year's resolutions maker. But I don't put that much stock in them. More often than not, I just try to think of a few things I'd like to do or get accomplished for the coming year. It's more..fun..than anything for me. Some people get adamant about how they "don't make resolutions" and by golly don't try to make them. It's not THAT big of a deal. Seriously.

Most years, my resolutions include things like "lose weight" or "read more" or "get [insert area of home] organized or cleaned up. All of these things are ongoing so this year, I didn't really make a list, per se. I kind of wanted to make this the first year since I was about, oh, 12, that I don't list 'lose weight' as a resolution. Mostly because I'm already doing it. I have 15 pounds gone so far. It seems like it's taking FOREVER, but slowly I AM losing. So, I guess I could list 'continue losing weight' as my resolution. I like the sound of that much better.

What I was really getting at in starting to write this post, is that I feel like something is missing. Like I SHOULD have a long list of things to make resolutions for 2008. I can't put my finger on it, though. Oh, don't get me wrong, there are many areas of my life that I'd like to and need to improve. I think maybe I'm afraid to actually list them and put them out there because what if I fail miserably?

I'm going to try to follow in the footsteps of my girl, TARA and JUST BE. I think it's a good motto and it is certainly working for her.

Anyway, I am optimistic about this year. Not that I haven't been every other year, before, but I feel especially so now. I hope, by the end of 2008, I can say I've changed at least one thing in my life.

Happy New Year, everyone!
posted by Angie @ 1:04 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    JUST BE,, my girl,, JUST BE.

     
  • At 12:11 AM, Blogger Erin said…

    Happy New Year Angie!!! Even if you are a (shiver) Colts fan ;)

     
  • At 7:53 PM, Blogger NH Yocal said…

    Happy New Year! I think "Just Being" sounds good. I did make a few resolutions this year but I have decided I am definitely not holding myself begrudgingly to them. If they don't work out, then to my new motto, "oh well."

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives