Monday, December 17, 2007
If I go missing, at least they'll know my EXACTstats
Huge WINTER STORM COMING!!

Or so said the weather forecasters on Friday. The snow would start at noon on Saturday and last until sometime on Sunday. Of course this caused turmoil in the Wal-mart, but that is a different post.

Saturday morning, Brianna and I trudge to Weight Watchers for the 8:30 meeting. (It turned out well for us both. Again, another post.) At around 9am, the leader looked out the windows and said, "Oh, it's coming down!" The snow had started, but 3 hours early!

No big deal. We just needed to run to K-mart (It's closest to Weight Watchers. I guess technically, Target is closest but I can't afford Target. I be poor.)We only needed a couple of things so we wouldn't be out in the mess for long.

So, we're in line and ready to buy our odd combination of things (canola oil, feminine products and Christmas cards. Hey, isn't that a MacGyver episode?)and I think, 'Hey, I'm close to the BMV and they are open today." See, my license had expired on my birthday and I hadn't yet found the time for THAT particular time of fun. For 3 weeks, minus a day, I had been driving ILLEGALLY! *GASP* I know. I'm a rebel. Bad ass. That's me.

But wait! What if they ask me for my birth certificate or a lock of hair from my 2nd born child? I didn't have that stuff on me. So, I called Bubba, made him call the license branch and call me back. Turns out, I need nothing but the old license and I had that! So, off to the BMV we went. Illegally. (and by this time, the van was COVERED in snow. Whee.) With unwashed hair AND no make-up, too. Bonus!

I have never in my life had such an easy time ANYWHERE than I did on Saturday at the BMV. My total transaction time was 3 min and 58 seconds plus about a 30 second wait for my license. What a great way to spend $24 flippin' 50! Despite that whole no make-up thing, the photo turned out decent. That is saying a lot, too. I am about as unphotogenic as they come.

Anyway, for the first time in my entire life, the weight on my license matches my actual weight. Well, until Saturday, at least, when I hope to be down another pound or two. (Why I didn't round down is beyond me.) So, if I come up missing between now and Saturday, the police will know EXACTLY how much I weigh.
posted by Angie @ 10:46 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger Joyce said…

    omg, my license hasn't matched my weight in 20 years!! I'm sure the lady laughs to herself when I say "uh-huh" in response to her "is your weight still the same?" question.

    BMV??? We call it DMV.

    Oh, and congrats on WW. I can't count how many times I've joined. It works if you do it right. We're (gag) joining a gym (gag). I talked about it on my blog. (gag)

     
  • At 6:20 PM, Blogger DrillerAA said…

    Right now, I don't want to know what my exact stats are, I just know they aren't good!

     
  • At 10:03 PM, Blogger DrillerAA said…

    On another note...here's your chance to put a face to a name. I have actually posted a couple of family pics.

    Merry Christmas.

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Got your card, love the picture!

    I was in Muncie Fri night - Monday. Laying on a couch. Or a bed. Or in the bathroom floor. I'm still pretty much living off crackers/chips/baked potatoes (plain thankyouverymuch) and coke. So yeah, my cards? Sitting pretty in their box. Hopefully they'll go out today. Maybe I should just send New Year's cards?

    On the other hand, I didn't worry about how to get out of the house! Glad you survived.

     
  • At 2:18 AM, Blogger Jose said…

    Here in Arizona they issue our licenses for about 25 years, so practically I won't have to renew again. It's been a while since I visited, glad to see you are still here. I hope the storm is not as bad as they say it will be.

    Angie may you and yours have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    Come and visit, I did a karaoke song and a friend of mine made it into a photo slide video using some of my photos.
    http://joecoolspics.blogspot.com/2007/12/home.html

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives