Tuesday, January 01, 2008
It's a sad day in Angie-land
I think I've spoken of my addiction to Diet Dr Pepper Cherry Vanilla and also Berries and Cream. I believe I called it my liquid crack or something like that. (because it IS) A few weeks ago, Bubba went to the store and when he came back he said they didn't have any of "my pop." (I prefer two-liter bottles) I was bummed, but no big deal. I could make it a day or two without my fix.

The next time he went, still out. Now my brain was just in the beginnings of panic/I-need-it-NOW mode but it was still manageable. A few days ago, we went grocery shopping and when we got to the pop aisle (or soda, for you weirdos out there) THE HORROR! There wasn't even a spot for my pop!! I was near a pop panic attack! How could Pepsico betray me like this??? The day was saved when we found a 12 pack of cans (blech) and I thought, fine, that'll do pig. (<<--random Babe quote)

FF to today when Bubba calls me at work. He was at Wal-mart and the Pepsi guy happened to be there so he asked him about my pop. (Now THAT is true love, huh?) They are no longer making either of my pops in 2 liters (gah!) and apparently they are no longer making cherry vanilla at all. Someone get me a paper sack to breathe into, STAT!

I guess it's ok because I don't need the caffeine, anyway.

But, the "good" news is, they have a new flavor coming out tomorrow or monday or sometime. Cherry Chocolate or some such thing. Like, gag me with a spoon.
posted by Angie @ 8:58 AM  
7 Comments:
  • At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    For a couple of years, we were able to buy Diet Pepsi Twist here, which was basically Diet Pepsi with lemon flavor. Our world split in two when we couldn't buy it anymore, but during one trip to Hawaii three years ago they were still selling it there!

    We were in nirvana that week...but then, alas, it had to end. ;)

    Happy New Year!

     
  • At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Why do the SODA :) companies love to screw with the things that work?

    I love chocolate but chocolate soda,,, BLECH!

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger Joyce said…

    I'll see if I can find some here and I'll buy it all up from every store in the area and mail it to ya! (Yeah, right!)

    It's POP here in the Northwest, but SODA in Southern California where I'm from and my 2 brothers live. I prefer POP.

     
  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said…

    Have you thought of giving them up for a New Year's Eve Resolution?

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger courtcourt said…

    Don't get me started. I SO miss my Diet Cherry Coke. I think it might just be that I keep moving to undesirable locations, but I have NEVER been able to find Diet Cherry Coke - at ALL - in Hawaii. (They have non-diet Cherry Coke, only in cans.) When we lived in California, they had Diet, but they only made it in cans there too. Must be a southern thing.

    Every time I see the Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry Vanilla, I keep thinking it's ENTIRELY too many flavors in one drink. Nevertheless, having been in favorite soda withdrawal more than once, I totally feel your pain.

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmmm, I might have to try the Cherry Chocolate. I didn't care for the other flavors, but I'm always up or trying something once. I'm sorry you will be going through "crack" withdrawal!

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger DrillerAA said…

    When do you think they will come up with a "diet suicide"? Remember when you just got one shot of every flavor in a glass.
    It might be coke, grape, orange, root beer, and sprite...mmmmmmmm good!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives