Thursday, January 03, 2008
Name that movie
So, I mentioned earlier that I worked in the mail room today at work. Let me explain a little.

I work in client services for a medical laboratory. A few years ago, the mail room and it's operations fell into our hands. When I say 'mail room' I mean much more than sorting US mail that comes in. We have to sort hundreds and hundreds of patient lab reports and ready them for delivery to our clients be it via courier or US mail. (hence the paper cuts today) We sort interdepartmental mail as well as US mail. We also run a postage machine and do various other things that no one else wants to do such as 'copy jobs.' You know, the mass copies of some special memo or report that, once distributed, ends up in a shred bin somewhere. I could go into more detail but, wow, those of you who have read this far are already wondering why.

Anyway, there are 4 of us who know the workings of the mailroom and we rotate every fourth week and other days here and there when someone has a day off or something.

Obviously, I was in there today.

Ok, so I said all that just to get to this...

There is a physician in the area whose name is Dr. Ulrich. We get reports for him every day. Every single time I see his name, I say (in my head, of course) "Sir Uuuulllrich von Lichtenstein!!!" Every time. I'm not even kidding.

Yes, I am a dork, BUT, can you name the movie that is from?? It's one of my favorite movies and I watch it often. Come on..name that movie!
posted by Angie @ 6:30 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 7:04 PM, Blogger Michael said…

    Well that has to be Knights Tale because when I read Ulrich, that's exactly where my mind went.
    I do that with Apollo 13 too, I see the moon and try to do that thumb thing that Tom Hanks does, I just wish I knew what it was supposed to do.

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    Jeez, Michael, that was record time! But, I knew it was easy, anyway.

    You are the winner. Um, but, there is no prize. ;)

     
  • At 8:54 PM, Blogger Michael said…

    No prize? Man, I just cleared a space on the mantle...

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Damn it!!! I didn't win. I said those words in my head as soon as I read the word Ulrich in your post... LOL.

    Too bad I didn't read your blog right when I got home tonight,, that'll teach me to put my blog reading off for figuring out my photo of the day for todays 365 photo.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives