Thursday, January 24, 2008
Fuh-fuh-fuh freezing! (or Run, Forrest, Run!)
It is soooooo cold outside. Yet I still dragged (drug?) my family out in the cold in search of the perfect pen. You see, I have a favorite pen at work. I love this pen. We used to be able to order refills for this pen and all was right with the world. Then, the company I work for was bought out by a much bigger corporation. They are much more aware of the little things and we no longer can get refills for that pen. I ran out of my last (hoarded) refill yesterday. It was a sad, sad day in my world.

Today, Bubba drove all over town (literally) looking for refills for my pen. There was none to be found. I got off at 1:30 today so after I got home, we loaded back up in the van and while Jameson got his hair cut, (a very bad haircut, I might add, but that's a different story) Braelyn and I went in Staples. No luck. So, after a trip to Wal-mart for a few other things, I came home and searched the all powerful, ever-knowing internet.

The kids in Staples as I searched for the perfect pen.


Cue the angelic chorus for I have found my pen!!! Ok, well, it's My Favorite Pen v2.0, anyway. It's been sort of redesigned, but it's close enough! I ordered 2 each for me and my friend Shonda at work who also loves this pen as much as I. (and no, I am NOT going to tell or show which pen I am talking about because I don't want everyone to point and laugh....any more than you already are!) I also ordered several refills for both of us.

That alone made this a very good day.

Buuut, that is not what I was going to write about. I was going to tell you how stinking COLD it is here. It's 3 degrees with windchill of -7. I know it could be colder, but it feels pretty dang cold out there with that wind blowing!

We went to watch Brianna and the guard do a dress rehearsal of their show. Again, we were out traipsing in the cold. We parked and headed up to the school and Bubba started running to the doors. Braelyn and Jameson laughed and were running a little way behind him and Braelyn shouts, "DADDY CAN RUN!"

To which Jameson said, "Mommy can too 'cause when the phone rings she runs to get it."

Yeah, we need to be a little more active.
posted by Angie @ 11:14 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 4:55 PM, Blogger DrillerAA said…

    Run, Angie, Run.

     
  • At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    aww come on,, what kind of pen,, I'm a pen hoarder. If someone steals my pen I am not a happy camper. I try all sorts of pens,, I LOVE to go into Staples and search for new pens. Yeah,, I'm a little sick and pathetic,, I know. Weird thing though,, every once in a while I remember that good old basic Bic pens,, ya know the clear ones with the colored caps (blue cap for blue,, black cap for black,, etc),,, well I remember that I just love those pens. For some reason I also write better with those pens,, weird huh? Yeah,, I know,, it's me. Weird, cheesy,, strange. Can't help it. Okay,, now I'm even more pathetic for writing a super long comment,, about PENS!

    But I know you'll still love me anyway.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives