Thursday, January 17, 2008
Onions
While watching the train wreck that is the American Idol auditions, this guy came on screen.



He was ridiculous and pointless, of course. Paula told him his chest hair was distracting and somehow it was decided he should go get it waxed and come back. So he did. The cameras followed him, of course, and showed him get it done. He came back and looked equally stupid like this.



screen caps from the most awesome DJ Slim at IdolBlogLive.com


Braelyn and I were watching together and after the guy came back hairless, she said, "That boy had to do that because he must have been eating LOTS of onions!"

It took me a second and then I had to laugh and hug her because she's been listening to her daddy WAY too much. He tells them often that eating onions will put hair on their chest. I'm PRETTY sure this is why none of my kids will eat onions.
posted by Angie @ 9:22 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 10:33 PM, Blogger Joyce said…

    That's hilarious, because that's what my husband always tells our nieces, nephews, and the kids I watch. That's so cute she would put that together and make that statement! I love when kids come up with something funny like that.

     
  • At 11:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    glad to see someone is using my screencaps :) Use whatever you want

     
  • At 2:31 AM, Blogger Leia said…

    That is unbelievable... and I was laughing so hard at what your kids said and where it comes from! I'll have to show this to my hubby, since he likes to say things like that as well.

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger DrillerAA said…

    That's exactly what I love about kids. They are a constant source of entertainment. And yes, I'm not sure I'd tell my daughters that any food would put hair on their chest...LOL!

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger Jose said…

    Just going on for the ride, I already know what to expect from Idol auditions and yet don't dare miss them. They do make me laugh. I have noticed that Simon has toned down his comments a bit. He's actually done a couple of good deeds by sending people that don't stand a chance to Hollywood.

     
  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger Chronicles of von Klapp Staff said…

    I'm loving "Idol" this year. The focus seems to be more well balanced between the real singers and the "freak show" contestants as opposed to prior years when it was one bad audition after another. That said, I wonder how much they charged Onion Man for his waxing???

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives