Friday, September 21, 2007
Milestones

pouting
Originally uploaded by angiedi70
I was looking through some old photos last night and when I came across this one of Jameson, it made me cry. Seriously. Tears. Now, I AM one to cry, normally, about sentimental things. But, more likely as the thing is happening. Looking back and being nostalgic usually does not make me cry. Not too much anyway.

I cry at weddings, school programs, during sad movies and when I find out I am pregnant. (Which, no. Not happening again.)

But, lately, I've been having a rough time in regards to my baby boy growing up. I KNOW he has to grow up. I KNOW he is not a baby any longer, but it's killing me.

For whatever reason, my girls were an easier transition for me. Not that I love them any less, or Jameson any more, but it was just different.

It must be because Jameson is the last one. I didn't think I would be like this, but I was wrong.

Jameson recently started preschool and also has a speech teacher. That means that all those cute things he says will be no more. That breaks my heart. Even though I know he needs it, my heart hurts.

So, I looked at this photo of Jameson and I saw the baby he still was with the chubby fingers and the big boy hair cut, sitting in that chair that is too small for him now. I don't remember what made him pout here, but it just makes me want to pick him up and hold him and rock him.

I know this too shall pass, but for now, it breaks my mommy heart.
posted by Angie @ 6:00 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    In the past, I rarely shed a tear. Nowadays I find myself crying at everything. I think it's one of the dirty little secrets about aging that no one warns you about beforehand.

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Blogger pilgrimchick said…

    Well, all of that is milestone-worthy. But, there are still so many more milestones to go with all of your children that you can only experience as they reach and go through adulthood.

     
  • At 11:07 PM, Blogger DrillerAA said…

    My daughter has 4 children and the youngest is the only boy. He just turned 4 and his mom and Nana are not all that happy about the baby of the family growing up.
    You're not alone in this. They don't call 'em Daddy's little girls and Momma's little boys for nothing.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives