Thursday, May 31, 2007
Grace defined
I mentioned that I've been exercising, right? Last night, I chose to walk instead of doing the work-out DVD. Walking KILLS my legs after a short time, but only the muscles on the outside of my lower legs just above the ankle. It feels like how people describe shin splints, only it's not my shins.

Anyway, I had been walking for about 26 minutes (not 25...not 27) and was about past going (as my mom says) barely trudging along and heading for home. I was listening to music so I couldn't hear much, but then I thought I heard a bike coming up behind me. I was ready to cross the trail and step off to head across the field to go home. I turned my head to look at about the same time my feet and body were turning left to cross the trail. I sort of did a double take and there WAS a bike. Not sure what happened but my feet tangled or my ankle twisted or something and I FELL! It was like slow motion but I couldn't stop the downward motion of my body..and there was nothing to grab onto. I can only imagine how I looked to the biker that I was trying to avoid.

Well, I went down hard on my knee and elbow. I was holding my mp3 player and it scraped on the pavement. My face proceeded to turn about 10 shades of red and the guy on the bike stopped and said, "Are you alright?" All I could say was, "I'm ok." and then pray that he would ride on. He did! I was just glad it was an old guy and not one of those fit bikers who are all Lance Armstrong-like. I got up and looked around to see who else may have seen. Nobody! Thank goodness! I made it home with little pride and road rash on my knee.

That, my friends, is gazelle-like grace.


Edited to add a photo, a few days post-fall. See? It's not so bad.
posted by Angie @ 11:47 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 3:34 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said…

    Ouch! Still just in one piece.

     
  • At 11:07 PM, Blogger Karen said…

    Oh jeez, I HATE when that happens! Glad you weren't hurt too badly!!

    Hey, my son goes to school at Ball State, so we get down to Indiana a lot! Hi from Milwaukee!!

    Michele sent me today. Hope you're having a great day!

     
  • At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my! You didn't mention this is your email! hope this doesn't make you not walk again. I try and stay very far to the right on the trails I walk so that bikers and joggers can pass me. I've also learned that I have to keep my mp3 player a bit lower than I like in order to hear my surroundings, just safer that way.

     
  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger DrillerAA said…

    I had a football coach that would tell ya that he had worse than that on his upper lip and never quit whistlin'. Hang in there!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives