Sunday, July 02, 2006
I am a child abuser...
...or so many people out there would have you believe. Why? Because I have had 3 babies and I DID NOT BREASTFEED!

Why am I even mentioning this? Heh, I don't know. Maybe I just am in the mood for someone to start crap on my blog. Maybe I am just sick of reading about it on so many blogs lately and I am just adding fuel to the fire.

If you are reading this and you breastfed, that is wonderful! If you are reading this and you bottle fed with FORMULA (GASP!) as I did, hey, that's great, too. I really don't care one way or the other. If you are reading this and you love your babies with all your heart and take good care of them, well, then you are the best kind of parent and that is what matters. My kids are happy and healthy and get this...have rarely had an ear infection. They are all happy and healthy and thriving.

I remember when I was pregnant the first time. Granted, I was young, but I didn't want to breastfeed. I told my doctor, when he asked my plans, "I am not breastfeeding and you can't make me." He didn't try to make me as I was very adamant. Looking back, I don't really remember WHY I was so set on that decision. When I had my last two it was 10 and 12 years later. I thought about breastfeeding, but decided not to. It was an informed decision, that's my point.

The point of me even mentioning this here is that I just think the whole controversy is silly. Educating mothers-to-be on the benefits of breastfeeding is good. Telling a mother that she is harming her baby and should rot in hell (as I've seen some people comment on other blogs to this effect) is just a whole other thing.

Can't we all just get along??

(PS I really do have serious thoughts about this subject, I just choose not to post a big long and drawn out post that not many people would read anyway. So, please, if you are going to comment and take me to task, do NOT call me mis-informed or uneducated, because believe me, those two things I am NOT.)

(PPS By the way, seeing a breastfeeding mother does NOT, I repeat, DOES NOT offend me. I don't look twice. It is perfectly natural and should absolutely be accepted. I am not just saying that.)
posted by Angie @ 2:28 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    I'm currently breastfeeding - because I can, and it worked out. And I am, for me, happy about that. Having said that, I have friends who have, and those who haven't for a variety of reasons and no one reason is any better or worse than the other!

    And none of the babies seem to be any better or worse for it either. (and, I always find it odd that my husband, who was breastfed, is the one with all the allergy issues while I (formula fed) am healthy as a horse...hm...)

     
  • At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh you evil woman! You're gonna burn in hell for not breastfeeding!!!!

    Kidding. Hey, they're your kids and your boobs. Me? I nursed all of my kids and am all for breastfeeding....but I'm no titty-nazi. ;P

     
  • At 12:56 AM, Blogger Crystie said…

    I tried to breastfeed the first time around, and almost starved Lyndsey to death, literally. I didnt even try with Noah, but get this, NO leakage, no milk came in. At all. I tried with Isaac, almost starved him as well. I stopped trying, no milk leakage. None. A lady scolded me once in a drs office, when I brought out a bottle and fed Isaac, (after he was hospitalized with GERD) I went in the bathroom and cried, while my husband explained, that I couldnt breastfeed when I had no milk. I suppose she thought with these D cups, there had to be a few gallons in my bra! Your body, your baby, your way! To each her own, I say.

     
  • At 2:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had a baby a year ago and didn't breastfeed because, well, I was totally uncomfortable with it. My thought was that if God didn't intend for me to use a bottle, he wouldn't have let man invent them.

     
  • At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I fully support breastfeeding. Especially in public...

    What I hate are those damn blankets that ruin the view....

    ;)

     
  • At 11:02 PM, Blogger TLR said…

    I didn't breast feed and my sons made it to 35-36-37 must have done something right

     
  • At 11:18 PM, Blogger Shannon akaMonty said…

    LOL @ guppyman!

    I couldn't breastfeed~my kids were in the hospital for so many months when they were born 3 and a half months early.

    I used the pump for awhile and my daughter got THAT breastmilk, the stress of the situation dried me up pretty quickly. I think it's a personal choice, and women should do what feels right to them.
    So there. :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives