Thursday, June 15, 2006
If it's Thursday..there must be a Thirteen
Better late than never, as they say.


Thirteen Things about ME that I would like to change


Keep in mind, some of these may not neccessarily be...changeable. :)

1. My hair. After I had my last two kids, it suddenly became curly/wavy. I like it..and I HATE it. I can't find a style I want. I don't like short hair because it makes my head look even smaller and my large body. I am too old for long hair. HELP!! My hair needs style and color and life. Changeable.

2. My skin. I still get break-outs at 35. I thought I had been tortured with zits enough as a teen! My chin is the worst area. I know all the remedies, but nothing really works. I just need to visit the dermatologist. Guard Girl needs to go back, though, before I do. Changeable.

3. My feet. Wide-ish. Sausage toes. I want cute little petite feet with pretty toes. Oh, and baby-butt-smooth and soft, too. Partially changeable. I just need to keep moisturizing and such to get that perfect softness.

4. The FAT. No explanation needed. Changeable.

5. Me teeth. I'd like to get them whitened a bit. I think I have a cavity that needs filled, too. Changeable.

6. My eyelashes. I want longer ones that can actually be seen! Only Changeable with fake eyelashes.

7. My hands. I got my dad's hands. Thanks a lot, Dad! Short-ish wide fingers. I want pretty hands and nails. Not changeable.

8. My boobies. They need a lift, y'all. Changeable with $$.

9. That stupid gross disgusting grandma hair that I have to pluck from my chin every once in a while. I hate getting old! (sorry, I know that was TMI) Pluckable.

10. My self-confidence/self-esteem. I won't go into detail now. Changeable. (almost impossibly so, I think)

11. My realiability. I am so wishy-washy sometimes. Hard to explain. Changeable.

12. My organization skills. Very bad. Changeable. (actually, this one is more about my motivation than anything.)

13. My food addiction. This one is very hard to admit. I am in need of a Dr Phil intervention. No details right now, but this one adds to #4 and #10. Changeable.

Ok, that was fun. :) Seriously, I'm ok with all those 'serious' ones. I just need a little work on myself.



Links to other Thursday Thirteens!




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



posted by Angie @ 8:28 PM  
12 Comments:
  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger Tracy S said…

    You know, what IS up with the hairs that grow under my chin? I HATE it.. It just started happening a few years back. I was like OMG I am becoming a man... I have to pluck them way to much and it is sooooo embarassing if I forget and notice at work.. Uggghhh!!..lol Good list. It is cool to be so open and honest. You are so much braver than me :) I have faith in you .. You can change all you want too.. Ok well maybe not the hands..lol I would say you are pretty much stuck with the hands you have ..although they probably DO have a Dr for that too I am sure..lol

    Thanks for stopping by.. and don't hate me ... but we will have a new addy again soon * ducks out of the way *

    Muahhhh ..lol

     
  • At 12:30 AM, Blogger Tracie Nall said…

    #2-me too, me too! :( What is it with that chin area....? My husband just changed jobs and we have health insurance for the first time and just this week I told him that I want to go to a dermatologist because I just can't take it anymore.

    #5-me too, me too!

     
  • At 2:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Other than
    2,3,5 and 7

    I could have written this list. EXACTLY!

    We have GOT to meet some day..we're virtual TWINS!

     
  • At 3:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have one hair that grows at unpredicatble moments on my lower cheek. One minute its not there, then suddenly...like an evil curse it springs into excistance. grrr, grumble, mutter, pluck!

     
  • At 3:30 AM, Blogger ...jus me said…

    got em all but #2, but hey, I probably have a few that you don't! Gettin older is definately not for sissy's!

     
  • At 3:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think we all have that same list! I even have the same opinions on my feet! lol

     
  • At 4:40 AM, Blogger Tanya said…

    Great, honest list. I think we all have similar issues with ourselves (and anyone who says otherwise is either lying or from another planet).

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    1. Too old for long hair? Show me where it says that in the rule book of life. If you want long hair...have it! It certainly makes it easy to be lazy...just put it up on a hair foofy. That's what I do! ;)

    2. HA! I wish I could peel mine off and slip on some new skin! I never had acne as a teenager...and I'm paying for it now!!!

    3. I don't like my feet much either. So much work to keep them decent-looking!

    4. Yeah, it's changeable for everyone else. I can't seem to lose mine.

    5. I'd love to get braces again or at least get veneers. Mine have shifted a little since I had my braces taken off YEARS ago.

    6. A good mascara can help a lot...and a lash curler.

    7. I'm OK with my hands. They look older than they should for my age, but I use them a lot!

    8. I hate mine! They've served their purpose though. Screw it. I'm not posing for PlayBoy anytime soon, so I'll forego the lift and stick with push up bras.

    9. No biggie. I think all women get that on occasion. That's what tweezers are for. ;)

    10. I'm OK with that now. It took me years to get to the point of not wanting acceptance of others and not caring what others think. I'm in a good place now.

    11. I wish I weren't so damn reliable sometimes! Trade ya?

    12. I'm way organized...I think I can spare a little. ;)

    13. Food is my friend. It's one addiction I hope to NEVER lose!

     
  • At 5:21 PM, Blogger astrocoz said…

    I need a Dr. Phil intervention too!

    Thanks for stopping by my TT!

     
  • At 8:03 PM, Blogger Lady Jane said…

    I really need to put lotion on my feet too! I always forget to do it, so my heels are rought. :)

     
  • At 1:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think we all have 'room' for improvement. Some are easier than others. Best wishes for yours :)...

    Congrats on your silver medal - it is ready for 'pick-up'. Thank you for playing in the training camp.

     
  • At 5:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    can relate with 1, 4 and :( 8. anyway, try accomplishing one first. one that doesn't need much $$. :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives