Tuesday, April 04, 2006
This is gonna be HUGE!!
Exactly 2 weeks from tommorow something BIG is happening around here. I mean HUGE! I mean something of colossal proportions. Seriously, on April 19th I won't be the same. My family won't be the same. Many people in this fair city will not be the same. What is this something, you ask?



The new WAL-MART is opening LESS THAN 5 MINUTES FROM MY HOUSE!

My giddyness (giddiness?) knows no measure.

Now, if that isn't proof of just how pathetic I really am...then I just don't know what would prove it to you.

All you Wal-Mart haters, don't bother to comment. You are enigmas to me..anomalies if you will. (two really cool words in one sentence. I ROCK!) See, you have to understand where I live. The walmart already in this city is more than 20 gas-sucking minutes away. All the stinking way across town. We have NOTHING on this side of town except for a couple of grocery stores and a Dollar General Store. I can't get those lusted-after "rolled back" prices just anywhere, people! We can't just "run to wal-mart" when we NEED a new gold fish, a 150 lb bag of Ol' Roy dog food and a bag of 100 multicolored pipe-cleaners all at the same time!! Come on! Wait. We don't have a dog. Or an aquarium.

Anyway, this is a huge event in the lives of us south-siders. No more wasting gas to get ALL THE WAY to Walmart, Target or god help us, the mall. (I hate the mall!) A hop skip and jump and I will be warmly greeted by a blue-vested sweetie at the door who offers to stickerize my returns. Watch out 'cause I will be the one making a bee-line for the layaway department and after safely laying those things away...I'll be the one with two carts full o' wal-marty happiness heading to the checkout lines.

Twirly bag thingie...here I come!!
posted by Angie @ 12:56 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Twirlie bad thingy!! LOL

    I had to think for a second what that was.

    My Walmart sucks,, let put it this way it is only two minutes away BUT the lines are ALWAYS insane and there are always lots of people there from two certain ethnic groups that are common in the town over from me where it is located and they just OVER RUN the store. I sound horrible writing that but it's TRUE. Plus Tar-jay is across the street and well come on that big bold red bulls eye just pulls me in.

    There is a brand new Super Walmart three towns away (that's about 25 minutes from me) but it's just not convenient to travel to. We have been there since it opened but like you said,, it's not just convenient to run over to and waste the costly gas on.

    Okay,, off to work on my TO DO List and will hopefully see you online tonight during American Idol. Plus you have to fill me in on Grey's Anatomy from Sunday as well.

     
  • At 6:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Just when you thought there weren't enough Wal-Marts.

     
  • At 10:26 PM, Blogger Beanhead said…

    I love wal-mart! Woohoo 5 minutes away...:)

     
  • At 1:27 AM, Blogger Crystie said…

    HA, being close to Wal-Mart is not so good, Honest, I live across the ROAD from the only Super Wal-Mart within 40 miles, I can see the parking lot lights from my bathroom window everytime I get up to pee in the middle of the night. I dont need a night ligt or nuffin! I spend waayy too much money there. But, I can tell you are very excited, just as I was when this one opened in 2000. So, have fun at wally-world, Angie! PS: it is 1:25 am and I just came from there!!

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I despise Wal-Mart! Really, I do. BUT I still shop there. My town only has a grocery store, a Dollar Tree and a Super Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart does save you money...and with three kids, every penny counts!

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Shannon akaMonty said…

    Well crapola, I thought you were excited for that day because it's my birthday. :)
    And if you enter my contest, I'm giving away some random iTunes gift cards.....
    *you could get some Bob Gentry music*
    *even though you should stay away from my pretend boyfriend because I'm the jealous type*

    *winky wink*

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives