Tuesday, February 07, 2006
just stuff
So, I hear the Super Bowl was on Sunday..whatever. It wasn't the Colts, so I didn't care. I watched the commercials though. Which ones did you like?? I liked the streaking sheep. That was pretty funny. Magic fridge. Funny. The Sprint "crime deterrent" phone. Funny. How cute was the baby Clydesdale pulling the cart?? Did anyone else think the Pepsi "Brown and Bubbly" campaign sounds like an ad for diarrhea?? Eww..and Diddy? He is soooo five years ago. Pepsi, find a new spokesman!

Saturday was another guard competition day. Winter Guard is our lives most saturdays from late January to mid March. At least it is something I enjoy. Here's a couple of photos of the show yesterday. (I know they're blurry. I have a sucky digital, ok?)





Click HERE and HERE and HERE to see some close-ups of Guard Girl in action.

WARM FUZZY ALERT!!!
On Saturday, we decided to take Tater Tot with us to the guard competition. We've never taken her because they are long and drawn out shows and we knew she would never sit still. So, we decided to try and see how she would do. (she did great!) We left Baby J with my parents for the day. Tater and Baby J have never really been apart since we brought him home from the hospital almost 3 years ago. Baby J wasn't to sure about what was going on...why sissy wasn't going to Mamaw's with him. Anyway, he did fine. But when we picked him up, neither one of them could stop talking! From the time he got into the van until we got to the school to pick up Big Sis, they didn't shut up. At one point, it got quiet in the van and Baby J said, "I mees(miss) you, Bay-een." (her name is Braelyn and he can't quite pronounce it) I very nearly cried right then and there. I thought my heart may explode right out of my chest. It was such a sweet moment. Even though they fight like cats and dogs most days, it's nice to know they are close right now. I hope they stay close always.

TARA...I am now going to talk about Grey's Anatomy!!! DO NOT READ if you have not watched!!!


After the Superbowl was "a very special episode" of Grey's Anatomy. It was great. I love that show more every week! (because, yes, I watch way too much tv. shut it.) The whole premise was a guy gets shot and is bleeding out. The paramedic has to hold her hand inside his chest cavity to keep him from bleeding out. They find out later that what he was shot with left a live round of whatever inside his chest. (I know, I am low on actual details...)Bomb squad is called, anesthesiologist freaks out and leaves, leaving the 22 year old paramedic with her hand inside the man's chest AND squeezing his ambu-bag to keep him alive. She then freaks out, Meredith tries to console her, girl pulls her hand from his chest and runs...everyone ducks. No explosion. The all stand to see Meredith who now has HER hand in his chest keeping the thing from exploding. To be continued..ARGH!!!! Now I have to wait until next Sunday to see what happens. (yes, I know, all will work out fine, the thing won't explode blah blah blah...still...it's a good show!) The OTHER story going on was Dr Bailey going into labor and at the same time she is laboring in the hospital, her husband is injured and has to go into BRAIN SURGERY with Dr McDreamy doing it. Such HIGH drama!! :) Not real sure why I just gave you all a play by play but Grey's Anatomy ROCKS!

In other TV news..I think I will like the new Survivor, I am ready for the bad auditions to be over on American Idol, the new Amazing Race starts REALLY soon and where the heck did "Out of Practice" go? I like that show and it hasn't been on for a couple weeks.

In movie news, I can't believe they remade "The Poseidon Adventure," I have to see "Failure to Launch" because, yeah, Matthew Mcconaughey...and really...is Brokeback Mountain a good movie or is it "good" just because of the hype surrounding the storyline??

Have I told you about my guilty pleasure? The guilty pleasure who I will marry in my next life as long as HE comes back as the same person and I come back svelte and beautiful. You are probably thinking, 'What the HECK is she talking about now?' Well, the guilty pleasure of which I speak is one... Bob Gentry. The boy is FINE and he can sing! I have totally needed to buy his CD for months, but being poor is not conducive to owning new CDs at this time. Or ever. Because I am always poor. But that is beside the point. Anyway, back to Bobby. Did I mention that he is HOT? And that he can sing? Listen to him HERE. I strongly suggest the song "Upside Down." It's my favorite at the moment. So, anyway..if you haven't seen Bob's blog around, I encourage you to go for a visit. Nose around, watch his videos, listen to his music. But, don't tell Monty I told you all this, she may just fight me for Bobby's affection. It could get ugly.

Could this post get any more random? I think not.

Click my new renter! I'll write about her later.
posted by Angie @ 9:56 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I actually couldn't wait to get home and read your blog because I knew you would have a play by play of Grey's and I missed the last half on my dvr because I didn't plan the time it went over past eleven pm due to the superbowl. ThankGOD!!! you watched it!!!!! Whew,, I tried to catch the last 10 minutes of it at work but standing in a patients room while they are awake looking at you like,"excuse me Nurse could you please work and NOT watch my TV." Heehee,, just wouldn't be right. But I knew I could count on you to post a spoiler here. YEAH!

    And by the way where have you been hiding Bobby Boy,, he's delish. Will have to check him out over at iTunes.

     
  • At 8:03 AM, Blogger Mitey Mite said…

    I wouldn't leave my daughter's house until I could watch Grey's. My grandson was amazed that Poseidon was a remake. I think he was really looking forward to seeing it until he learned that!

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger Shelly said…

    Hi Angie, thanks much for picking my blog as your renter!

    I too love Grey's Anatomy and if there was a 'Television Anonymous' program I would be the first in line to sign up. GA was excellent after the superbowl and darn them for making it a two parter!

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger Shannon akaMonty said…

    I'm so kicking your ass.
    :P

    HAHA! I already have the CD, because of my lovely gift card. :)
    And my daughter and I both love UPSIDE DOWN as our favorites.

    I'm single.
    Now I just have to get svelte, beautiful, and move to Hollywood.

     
  • At 7:01 PM, Blogger TotalChaos said…

    I never watched Grey' Anatomy, but my wife does. Computer was down so I watched the show. dang I hate continued's.Good show though.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives