Tuesday, June 21, 2005
Oh my gosh, you guys, I was certifiably a big old doofus!
I think tonight I will inundate you all with the thoughts from me as a teenager.

This is from a journal we had to keep in freshman english, October, 1986

If you had to name the most important invention of the last one hundred years, what would it be and why?

(In all my infinite wisdom, this is what I said.)

One of the most important inventions is the telephone. If it weren't for the telephone you would have no communication with some people. Also, it would be difficult to get help in an emergency.
(I can't even believe I am going to admit to writing this next thing!)
Another is curling irons/brushes. If it weren't for them I would look pretty disgusting every day. (oh. my. goodness.)
Television is a good one, too. Some of the best entertainment is on tv.

Good Lord, people!! Who was that person??
I must clarify something here, though. I HATED the teacher in that class with a screaming purple passion. So, I pretty much wrote whatever just to get points for the days journaling.

You may make fun of me now.

(don't forget to read my three wishes post below. It will give you a warm fuzzy feeling.)
posted by Angie @ 5:39 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How very cool that you still have your diaries from 1986! That is GREAT! I had such ambition then, too! LOL.

    I hope I keep this blog going...what memories!

    I linked ya!

     
  • At 6:24 PM, Blogger xtessa said…

    oh that is so hilarious!!! you got me at curling irons!!! ROFL!!!!

    btw, the three wishes?!!! CLASSIC! i'd probably have a list similar to yours!

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger carrie said…

    hi. it was fun battling you!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives