Saturday, June 18, 2005
Class of 2009
That sounded like a LONG time ago when my daughter was born and I figured up what year she would graduate. Now? It's 4 short years away. I will have a senior graduating from high school, a 2nd grader and a kindergartener. What the H-E double hockey sticks was I thinking?? Anyway, at the 8th grade graduation the other day, I did relatively well. One of the choir songs made me a little teary-eyed, but I held it together. Until...all the 8th graders stood up and turned toward the audience and the principal said something like.."I present to you the Class of 2009!" Yeah...I lost it.

There is an air show going on over at the Summer Heat Air Festival at our little airport. I can hear the jets and every time the sound comes back 'round, I keep thinking it is thunder.

Bubba-ump is...umpiring today in Indy. The kids are being halfway good. Guard Girl stayed all night with her friend Kasi and then went from there to work. I think she has to work until 9 tonight. She hates it because it cuts into her weekend social life. But, she likes the money. $$ Update:Guard Girl just called. She's done already and it is only 4:30. They are dead today.

Guard Girl got all A's on her final report card (remember when they were actual cards?) for middle school. She's dreading high school because she knows it is going to be hard. Her classes will be a lot harder than her 8th grade classes were. Socially, she has it made. Her entire freshman class will be the kids she went to middle school with. She knows a LOT of upper classmen because of band and guard. She'll get along just fine.

Michael Jackson is a freak. He should never be allowed to leave Neverland. Ever. Please be done with showing your face in public, MJ. It doesn't surprise me that he was found not guilty. Do I think he's guilty? Hard to say, but I doubt he is. He has an extremely warped sense of reality. Just because the man is a freak doesn't make him a child molester. I hope he isn't for the children's sake.

Terri Schiavo. I never really posted anything about her when the whole starvation thing was happening and now that the autopsy findings have come out...well, I think..I just..I...ugh...I get really, really fired up if I try to talk about it, so I will spare you all.

Remaking "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" is blasphemous!!

I really, really want to scrapbook today. No chance of that with the monkeys kiddies around. But, my friend Chocolate, is having a scrap night on July 8th at her house, so hopefully I can get lots of pages done.

I got my blog butt kicked today on Battle of the Blogs on Blog Explosion. 9-0 by some boring guy's blog. My ego is shattered. But I still have over 300 credits so it's all good, baby. :)

I was the first person to comment on this weekend's meet and greet over at Michele's. Am I cool or what? don't answer that.

Can you tell I am bored and have NOTHING to say?

Did I mention I had a dream about Bo Bice? Yeah...I hope I dream about someone else tonight, but NOT Constantine!

Ok, enough blogging about nothing...if only it could be as funny as Seinfeld. "These pretzels...are making me thirsty."
posted by Angie @ 4:04 PM  
10 Comments:
  • At 9:33 PM, Blogger Tracy S said…

    Yeahhh I get to be the first to comment ...That is unless I ramble on and on and someone beats me to actually clicking to post ..lol I for one think that Wang Chung should have won that too ...America is on crack ..lol Irene Cara sucked so badly ..I was telling Gup that she sounded like a cat in a blender it was awful ...
    Also I hope that you do not dream about Constantscream because then it would be a nightmare !!..lol
    OH and nanny nanny boo boo I finally gotcha ..Yeahhhhhhhhh!
    I can't wait to read it when you are done ..
    *hugs *

     
  • At 9:50 PM, Blogger Debra@Peaceabull said…

    Oh, I was supposed to go to the air show in Muncie today. I was half hoping you'd be there, but life got in the way and I couldn't make it down there. :-(

     
  • At 10:00 PM, Blogger kenju said…

    That's an awful lot of "nothing", as you say. But it was interesting anyway. Michele sent me.

     
  • At 10:09 PM, Blogger Cool Dad said…

    I, too, have a kid in the class of 2009. It's just wrong. I am too young to have a kid graduate from high school. I refuse to get teary-eyed though.
    Michele says Hi.

     
  • At 10:19 PM, Blogger Paul Nichols said…

    Brace yourself. 2009 will be here in about a week. Our granddaughter was born just a couple of years ago and already graduated from high school this year. She was born in '87? Class of 2005.

    From Michele's

     
  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger Kimberly said…

    you're very cool :-)

     
  • At 11:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Your post which was supposedly about a whole lot of nothing was about way more than I've posted about today.

    I'm tired but I can't force my ass to get up from the couch climb the stairs and go to bed. Jay is online maybe I'll talk to him for a few and see how things are going in Baghdad,, why am I writing this to you like an email,, don't know,, it's cause I'm tired and I need to go to bed! AGHH! Okay fine, I'll end here. By the way how's the books going?

     
  • At 12:23 AM, Blogger -E said…

    Wow, sounds like a lot going on. I hope you have sweet sweet dreams of someone wonderful :)

    Michele sent me.

     
  • At 12:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mine is the class of 2005 :(

     
  • At 9:29 PM, Blogger Lucy Stern said…

    Congradulations on your class of 2009. You are right when you say that your child will start high school with a good number of friends from band. All three of my children were in band in high school and it was the best thing they ever did. They learned discipline and all about hard work. When they went in as freshmen they had built in friends because of band. I am so glad that they had the experience.
    Now about 2009, It will go by faster than you can blink. I can hardly believe my oldest daughter graduated 10 years ago. It has gone by soooo fast. Good luck.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives