Tuesday, May 24, 2005
The Final Idol
Woo hoo..FINALLY, it is the last performance night for American Idol! I thought the season would NEVER end!!

Ryan and the judges look good tonight..not that that matters. :)

Coin toss to see who goes first tonight. Carrie chose to go 2nd. Bo first.

Bo singing "The Long Long Road." (a Bo original) Bo. Dude. What's with the glasses? Ditch 'em. His hair and beard look decent enough tonight. Interesting song choice. He started a little shaky. Got stronger and then the backup singers drowned (is that a word?) him out. But, America loves Bo. And the judges will think he can do no wrong. And Bo? Mic stand. Still hate it!!
Randy-yo man, the most important show ever. Bad news-I didn't love that song. (I agree!) Good news-it don't matter what you sing. You brought it home in the end. Good job.
Paula-Congratulations. I told you I'd see you in the finals. Everybody was vibing with you. True mark of a great singer.
Simon-Probably the closest final we ever had. It was a very dreary song. You are going to have to do a hell of a lot better to walk away with the title.
Bo digs criticism and has much love for the judges.

I should take this opportunity to say how FREAKING HAPPY I AM THAT CONSTANTINE IS NOT IN THE FINAL!!!!!

Commercial. Carrie is next.

Carrie singing "Inside your" something..didn't catch the title. She looks ok but I don't like the jeans. "Inside Your Heaven." I get it. She started a bit shaky, too. Getting stronger as the song goes. She seems a bit nervous. She can always hit those big notes. Again, the back up singers are a tad loud. But, she isn't getting as drowned out. Good ending! Go Carrie!
Randy-Wow. This is a wild night, man. Bad news-didn't love the song. First half pitchy. Good news-In the end proved you a great singer. Deserve to be here.
Paula-Congratulations. Sang the song beautifully. A couple of not so great notes but who cares.
Simon-I can see how nervous you are. Much better than the first song. Pace yourself. Vocal right on the edge. Round one to you.
Carrie-thinks it is incredible and tears filling her eyes. She is so cute.

Commercial. More Bo in a minute singing his favorite song of the season.

Hey! Guess what? NO Constantine!!! *Does the NO CONSTANTINE dance*

Bo singing Vehicle. This wasn't one of my favorites the first time. It's his style, though. Started strong. But when he gets to the line "great god in heaven..." it goes a little low. A good performance on the whole, though. (Don't like his pants.)
Randy-Check it out. That's what I'm talking about. Now, I'm happy. Hot.
Paula-Couldn't have performed it better.
Simon-Ok Bo. Welcome back. Now we have ourselves a competition.

OH MY GOSH! Did you see Anwar? Was that Anwar? I think it was...with short hair! I have to watch for him now.

Carrie singing her favorite of the season "independence Day." Perfect for Carrie! AWESOME!!
Randy- Yo yo. Welcome back Carrie. Amazing vocal! Hot.
Paula-Ditto. Brilliant. Great vocal.
Simon-I don't think that was a great vocal. Round 2 to Bo.

Commercial.

Bo singing "Inside Your Heaven"..the same song Carrie sang! Shouldn't be allowed. Different. Started shaky again. Oh my. Some bad notes. I wouldn't have picked this for my last song if I were Bo. I think I would look funny with a beard anyway. I don't like him singing this song. Some good parts, but I don't know, not a strong song for Bo. Ugh, the backup choir again. Bo, you should have ended with a better song! The judges will love it, of course.
Randy-What can I say. Brilliant. Amazing.
Paula-Went outside of your range. Fell in love with the song.
Simon-The only time I've seen you nervous. Outsang Carrie. Absolute pleasure having you on American Idol.
Told ya they'd love it. I, apparently, am deaf.

Commercial.

Have I mentioned NO greek boy??

Carrie singing "Angels Brought Me Here." She is starting strong. She can go pretty low without cracking all over the place. A good song. Really good for her voice! The choir sounds better with Carrie. Awesome again, Carrie! I really don't think she got outsang by Bo at all tonight. He is just more flashy. If Randy says pitchy I will hunt him down and yo dog him to death.
Randy-Yo. Wow. Man you know what? Great. Got the dogs standing O.
Paula-blah blah blah. Congratulations.
Simon-You have a lot of guts. Felt your emotion. I think you've done enough to win this competition. (YES!)

I won't be surprised with winner tomorrow no matter who it is. I don't care for Bo so much, but I am not blind. He is a great performer. He doesn't give me the butterflies like some of the people I know. He is fit to be a star, though. Carrie will be awesome as a country singer. She'll be popular and do well.

I like what Simon said at the end. "I'd like to thank America for listening to me this year." You go, Simon!

This was waaaay too long...sorry. :)
posted by Angie @ 8:01 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 12:09 PM, Blogger True Jersey Girl said…

    You didn't see Constantine in the audience doing his sexy leer at the camera???

    I think they both did that song because that is going to be the first single from whoever wins.

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger xtessa said…

    LOL!!! i thought i was the only one who hated constantine! i don't get to see the LIVE show so i always fast-forward when it's constantine on stage. i always felt he was undressing me and not in a good way!

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger Natsthename said…

    I voted for the first time EVER last night and BO got my vote. He's just got "it."

     
  • At 4:07 PM, Blogger Janet said…

    I'm in the minority. I love long posts.:)

    I too am for Carrie, but of course you already knew that.

    And the original song I think they should clarify that, but I'm almost 100% certain it's not a song that Bo wrote. At least I sure hope it's not.

    However unlike you, I still miss Constantine (ducking as I type this...)

    :)

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    Duh! I know he didn't write that song..I'm a nerd! :)

     
  • At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    heh I don't even watch it, but damn you are excited :)

     
  • At 6:46 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    Nah..I just like to hear myself talk about tv shows. :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives