Saturday, May 28, 2005
A Blog Explosion Rocket Battle
Sooo...who still hangs around on Blog Explosion? Well, I still do because, well, I have no life. Anyway, the guys and gals over there have been coming up with new things for us to do on BE besides wait the obligatory 30 seconds to click the appropriate number. A while back they started "Blog Rocket." You click to get put on the rocket (which is nothing more than a list of 25 blogs) and as people click your link to look at your blog, it moves you up the "rocket" until you get to number 1 and then get "launched" and if you want, then you start all over. As you click on other people on the rocket, you can earn credits.

Now, there is something a little more interesting. It's the "Battle of the Blogs." Two blogs go head to head for votes and the one with more votes (out of 9)wins a portion of the credits wagered in the battle. It's kind of fun to see who chooses to go up against you and to see if you win. My record ain't so hot...but it is still fun for a minute or two. Did I mention I have no life?

Now Playing:Wannabe-Spice Girls (Shut it! My daughter put it on the MusicMatch Jukebox!)
posted by Angie @ 7:10 PM  
10 Comments:
  • At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Michele sent me.

    don't tell anyone but I like the spice girls. I can even name them how sad is that. What's worse, I know which ones are worth listening to as a solo artist.

    please don't tell anyone.

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    I may have to try that, as I have found that Blog Explosion is a bunch of hooey. Yep, one great big time waster to get more traffic, and what good is traffic if they only wait 30 seconds to click away?

     
  • At 7:55 PM, Blogger Michele said…

    Hello Angie...

    Please don't tell Tommy byt I cannot name any of the Spice Girls. Is there a sent me spice? I want to be her.

    I have not been on BE in so very long. That game sounds fun though.

     
  • At 7:55 PM, Blogger Poppy said…

    Wow, thanks for posting about it, my eyes didn't catch the battle! My blog doesn't get enough hits in the Blog Rocket for me to dare wagering credits in a challenge. :)

     
  • At 8:37 PM, Blogger TheMommason said…

    Man I think I win the battle of the lifeless right now. Love the Spice Girls even bought the Movie and cried when Victoria (Posh Spice) had a miscarage.

    I Rocketed two times today and even earned 12 mystery points.

    I may try the Battle I have gotten I think 5 comments out of 289 visits and I do read and comment when I am BEing if it is not a page that I have been sent to 100 times that hasn't been updated in like a year! The worst one I keep getting stuck with is the Business Driven Life UGGHHH.

     
  • At 9:58 PM, Blogger Jay said…

    Okay...it's Saturday night and I'm surfing blogs through BE. I have a life, barely.

     
  • At 10:52 PM, Blogger guppyman said…

    If only the Blog Explosion folks would stop and comment....

    Michelle sent me BTW!

    Guess maybe it's time to go lose a few more battles.....

     
  • At 11:51 PM, Blogger Sarie said…

    ROFLMAO TOMMY LIKES THE SPICE GIRLS!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOL

    Ok, I'm better now (wiping tears away!)

    Hello via Michele's Meet and Greet!!!

     
  • At 1:27 AM, Blogger Crystie said…

    Hi, I have actually had your blog on my favorites list for about a month, But I ran across it again thru blog explosion, and what a co-winky-dink you blogged about BE??? Crazy aint it? I really like your site btw, I got my own 3 kiddos, love the 80's, and I love American Idol, so you can see why I faved your blog! "Read" ya later!

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Blogger Tracy S said…

    Hiya ...Thank you so much for stopping by I am so enjoying your blog ..Love it .I have been giggling since I got here .I also see that we have scrapbooking and Battle of the blogs in common as well ..lol My hubby and I played that for hours last night ..It goes so fastthough .I will have to check out the rocket thing you are talking about ..Have a great weekend :) Oh and the whole fam damily ..I say that all the time ..too funny Oh and thanks for the Blogroll ...I Rolled you too :) I will definately be back !!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives