Monday, April 04, 2005
I Heart vh1 Classic
'Cause you know why? Guess what they played Friday night? Sing Blue Silver! The Duran Duran documentary from 1984! I own it on vhs but how cool was it to punch in 143 on the remote while not looking and hear those oh so familiar sounds! Talk about memories...I had the whole darn thing memorized back in '84. I taped the darn thing onto an AUDIO CASSETTE and listened to it over and over for God's sake! (Yes, I know, I was a total nerd. Sad, really. Remember, I am the one who, with my best friend, had a Happy Birthday Andy Taylor party complete with cake and signs and photographic evidence!!!) It still rocks my socks. I am not ashamed to admit that. I MUST have it on DVD! Now, if you'll excuse me, I am going to go sing me some blue silver as I attach hundreds of little buttons to my acid washed jean jacket.
posted by Angie @ 8:33 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger Kimberly said…

    Have I told you that I once had a pink acid wash jean jacket?? It was so cool. I wonder what I did with it...

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Heh - I will be seeing them in concert on Sunday! I loved Sing Blue Silver ::swooning::

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Blogger Mike Davis said…

    Saw your comment on SK's 'The Stand'over at aka_Montys and thought I would drop by.

    I saw Duran Duran three times - back in the 'Planet Earth' days and met John Taylor at Curt Smith's (Tears for Fears) house in 1985.

    Ah - recalling those brushes with celebrity make me feel old!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives