Wednesday, March 30, 2005
Wet and Sticky??
Eww...Has anyone seen the commercial?? Another more gross commercial can not be found, I tell you. It's the Always commercial. The two women are in the "feminine napkin" aisle and there is a third woman there who asks something like this..."Does your pad (or feminine napkin, whatever word she uses) ever get wet and sticky?" Oh. My. Good. Lord. Why?? Why?? Just, why?? Ew.

We watched "The Notebook" about a week and a half ago. Wow. LOVED it!! It's definitely on my list of favorite movies. The B-ump bought it for me a few days later. The night we watched it, it was me, Bubba-ump and Guard Girl, we all sat here bawling. I think I cried from the moment the kids came to visit grandma until the end. Snot and tears everywhere! What a love story. I recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it yet. Two thumbs up.

So, Little Big turned 2 on the 18th. I can hardly believe he is that big! Doesn't seem that long ago that I was big and pregnant. Now he is getting so independent and saying lots of words. That is quite an accomplishment since I thought he would never say anything. My girls talked like crazy at young ages. But, he is a boy. Enough said. :) One of these days I will share the traumatic experience of his birth and first three weeks of life. He is quite the miracle. Happy birthday, again, Jameson.

I already shared the news of Guard Girl and the state finals. Nothing new to share there except try outs and practice for summer band and guard start in like, a week. Jeez...Time flies.

Ok, so I did finally get the Biggest Loser thing started at work. I think I mentioned it here a while back. 30 people signed up!! I was expecting maybe 10. Whoa! So now, if everyone stays in and pays every week, (it was 5 dollars to start and 1 dollar each following week for 16 weeks, plus 25 cents per pound gained.)the final pot is going to be quite a chunk of change! You know, I should have known better than to put myself in charge of something like this. Already it has been a pain in my behind. Long story short, we weighed in on one set of scales. When it became obvious that those scales both sucked and were not in a convenient place for weigh-in days, I bought a new scale. Of course a bunch of people, well, ok, one pain in my behind woman, proclaimed the new scales to be "3 pounds heavy" and proceeded to tell everyone within a 10 mile radius. Oh, and by the way, her HOME scales say she lost 6 pounds! Well, la dee freakin dah! This was on Wednesday the 23rd, the day I bought the new scale. It wasn't even weigh day and I couldn't keep them off the damn things! So, anyway, I finally had had enough and said, FINE!! This weeks weigh in will be the official first week so there is no question about the scale and SUCK IT! (ok, so I didn't say suck it, but I wanted to!!) I won't bore you with all the other gory details except to say that I lost 4 POUNDS that first week!! Yay me! However, I have so far to go...I am discouraged on a daily basis. It's just so hard. I need it to be easy. Where can I order easy? Anyone?

So, with the weight loss attempt, I have begun exercising. Walking at lunch and toning/aerobics after work on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Offered free through my work. It's killing me. I am horribly out of shape. When I am out walking, my legs hurt so bad I don't think I can make it back. Hubby says it's shin splints but it isn't my shins. I'll have to look it up.

American Idol. Thank goodness Mikalah went home last week. I couldn't stand anymore of her Nanny-like voice and goofiness. If she winked at the camera or anyone else for that matter ONE MORE TIME...and the girl was singing worse every week. America, you done good. Now this week. What the heck? That bottom three was a little surprising. Nadia, Anwar and Jessica. Jessica? Come on. And she was the one who went home! Crazy viewers. It should have been Anthony Federov! Please, please won't someone explain the appeal of Constantine to me? He looks dirty every week. Sure he can sing ok. But he is not American Idol material! When they showed his interview explaining what 90's music meant to him and he said that grunge had a big influence on him and inspired (grunge inspiring??) him and then they cut to live and he broke into a rousing rendition of "I Can't Make You Love Me" by Bonnie Raitt. *blink* Huh? Constantine is a rocker wannabe. Bo and that hat. And the poor choice of song. Carrie Underwood kicked some boo-tay. I think the final two will be Carrie and Bo. Unfortunately Constantine will probably last a few more weeks. Ugh.

I can't even remember what happened on Survivor last week except they got rid of James the hillbilly with the homo-sexyal stereotypes. All I know is ANGIE should have never gotten voted off the previous week!! Now, I don't know who I like. Jury's still out on that one.

The Amazing Race has been good the past couple of weeks. Rob and Amber are still my favorites! If you want a good (and funny) recap of the Amazing Race go here.

Ok, I think I will end these ramblings and give you part 2 tomorrow. This turned out to be more than I thought. There is more stewing around in my brain. So, make plans now to stay away! :)

Later.
posted by Angie @ 9:47 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 2:13 PM, Blogger Shannon akaMonty said…

    ICK ICK ICK on the commercial. BOO to the guys who thunk it up. ;)

    I was SO upset when Angie got voted off...she & Stephenie were carrying that tribe! Now they'll HAVE to merge or do a little switching around, as there are only two left...and I can't say that I'm sad to see Ibrahim go home. Useless, completely useless. :)

    P.S. GO CARRIE UNDERWOOD! (I have to root for the Girl from Okieland...)

     
  • At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Pressures of dental school Foot moon sexy debt consolidation help

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives