Sunday, December 31, 2006
Resolutions revisited
Here we are at the last day of the year. I thought I'd go back and see what I listed as my resolutions at this time in 2005. I'm not one of those people who "don't believe in" making resolutions. I just look at them as yearly goals. No big. I don't feel pressure to meet these goals but just kind of keep them in the back of my mind and hope I make it to just one of them at least.

Here is what I listed as my resolutions.
  1. Read more. The goal was 2 books a month. Um. No. Didn't happen. However, I have tried in the past month or so, to revisit my love of reading. I currently have 3 books that I am reading.
  2. Lose weight. Didn't happen. Well, I lost a little, but gained it back. I think this resolution has been on my list for at least the past 20 years. Some day, I will accomplish it. I won't give up entirely.
  3. Get my house organized. check Thanks entirely to Bubba, this one has been pretty much accomplished.
  4. To not let people and things at work stress me out so much. I tried. I really did. That is all I'll say.
  5. Organize my scrap stuff and photos. Uh, yeah right.
  6. Send birthday and Christmas cards to friends and family. Didn't happen. I will always be bad at that.
  7. Walk for exercise on a regular basis. ha ha
  8. Have more dates with my husband. check We had a few so I will count this as accomplished!
  9. Get and stay caught up on the laundry. check Thanks to the wonderful and talented Bubba, this has been accomplished. There is rarely ever one basket full of laundry waiting to be washed. He ROCKS!
3 out of 9. That's a third, right? I'm terrible at math. :) That's not bad except 2 of those three were accomplished by Bubba and not me. What are my resolutions for this year, you ask? Well, let me just list them right now.
  1. Lose weight. Yep, I'm listing it again. I'll keep listing it until it actually happens and I don't need to lose weight anymore. What I wanted to write was "Get on the Biggest Loser" but I can't let myself hope too hard for that. Yes, I am still going to apply. The appy is pretty much done. It's the dang video that is hard to finish. Even if I don't make it on the show, I want to lose at least 50 pounds this year.
  2. Organize my scrap stuff and photos. Still on the list until I get it done.
  3. Less computer time. Seriously, I have to get my butt out of the computer chair and do other things. It's an addiction, I tell ya! At the very least, I am not going to log on the computer until my kids are in bed at night.
  4. Be happier in general. I just haven't been very happy in recent years mainly because of my fat. So, I am going to try to make an effort to get beyond that and just be happy. No matter how hard it is.
I think I will leave it at that. There are a few other little things that really just end up being a "to do list" and I just won't bother putting them here.

That's it. Those are my goals. Lofty or not. Check back here in a year. I'll let you know how I did.

Labels: ,

posted by Angie @ 12:39 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives