Friday, December 22, 2006
One of my best friends is black!
Don't you hate it when people who claim to not be racist, say that?

That's not really what this post is about. This post is about my good friend Shonda. She happens to be black, but that is pretty inconsequential to what I have to say.

I've known Shonda for 5 years. That's how long she has worked in my office. She swears I didn't like her when she first started but that is totally not true. We've become very good friends since then. She's a really great Christian woman who is funny and sweet and caring...etc. Bubba calls her his "chocolate love." It makes her laugh every time.

I was scheduled to work on Christmas. (we rotate every year and this is my year) Shonda said that is was just not right that I should have to work since I have little kids. So, guess what she did? She volunteered to work for me! Bless her heart. Luckily, she will only have to work until noon.

So, I get to stay home on Christmas and get up at the crack of dawn with my kids to open presents. Yay!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!

Don't clicky to biggie because...ew..I look awful.

This is me and Shonda last year at work.

Labels: , ,

posted by Angie @ 8:43 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is soooo nice of her. Didn't a little part of you want to say NO wait,,do I really want to be home with the mess of all those presents and the wrapping on Christmas!? lol.

    If I know my husband he will still be up early,, big baby. Like he doesn't know what I got him anyway,, besides his "big gift" he already bought and opened and is currently playing with,, an XBox 360.
    Now he just has some little ones to open. Ugh,, have to go to work,, but then off for Sat through Wed night at 11pm,, whew, thank goodness.

     
  • At 6:30 AM, Blogger Raevyn said…

    That is the sign of a true friend. How lucky you are! Blessèd Yule and Merry Christmas to you and yours!

     
  • At 7:03 AM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said…

    That's a fine story. It shows that friendship triumphs. Shona is a fine lady, and to volunteer to come in is the act of a true friend.

    Happy Christmas, Angie!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives