Friday, November 24, 2006
Picky eater
I made the kids' plates yesterday and sat them down on the table in front of them. Jameson informs me.."I don't like that, that, that, that and that."
I said, "Happy Thanksgiving..here, have a roll." The roll..it was the only thing he ate on his plate.

Seriously, he is the pickiest eater EVER. Believe me, in our family, that is highly unusual. We likes our food. But not Jameson. He barely eats. I'm very surprised that he ever has the energy to do anything. These days, his food obsession is popcorn. It's the only thing he eats. I am being ALMOST literal when I say that. Everything besides popcorn is "wucky." So, I pop him some popcorn and pop a vitamin in his mouth every day.

I'm not worried. I've been a mother long enough (15 years!!) to know that he will eat when he's hungry. Eventually. I mean he DID opt for oatmeal for breakfast yesterday and he ate all of it. Today, he ate cereal. WITH milk!

Yesterday, he came walking in the room holding a plate with a piece of cake on it. We asked him what he had. "Cake." "What kind of cake, bubby?" "Brown." He ate the heck out of that brown cake, though.
posted by Angie @ 8:23 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 9:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My middle child believes there are three food groups: meat, bread and ketchup.

     
  • At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can remember when my neice when around 3 or 4 (who is now 12) at only chicken (cooked plain, nothing on it) with white rice and broccoli,, imagine that,, broccoli. She can remember me making it for her when I babysat her,, a few months ago she commented that it's all I ever made her. I told her,, that's all you ever ate back then.

    So Jameson will one day say,, Mom why did you only feed me popcorn, :) Kids.

     
  • At 12:31 AM, Blogger Thumper said…

    My kid lived for 2 years on mac & cheese, garlic bread, and frozen chocolate yogurt. He's no worse for the wear...I figured as long as he was growing and didn't have scurvy, he'd be okay.

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger Mitey Mite said…

    Guppyman ate cheeseburgers and french fries, absolutely NO vegetables except corn. Even now he picks the peas out of stew. But he was always very fond of brown cake.

     
  • At 12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Isaac will only eat popcorn sometimes. He loves some veggies though, peas, corn etc. But mostly he eats sugar. In some form or other. I am trying to get my brother and his wife to name their baby Jameson. I like brown cake too.

     
  • At 11:03 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    I am the pickiest eater I know. So I have this child that will eat almost anything. It is amazing....

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives