Friday, November 10, 2006
A MEME a Day keeps Guppyman away
Ok, I'm not REALLY going to do a meme a day, but man am I tempted..just because GUPPY is such a smart ASS alec...but I won't. I'll spare you all. And I am not really trying to keep Gup away, I just like to pick at him. BUT...what I will do..is offer up a little lyrics quiz..which a lot of people do and which Guppy just did the other day..but I'm not really stealing his idea so much as I am...stealing his idea. Well, not really, because I've done this before..it's just that I am bored enough and my mind is blank enough to do this right now.

My lyrics quiz is, of course, songs from the 80s. Not necessarily good songs, either.
I think I will even do it like the Gupster and leave them bold if they haven't been guessed and unbold them when they've been guessed. So, in comments, you can submit your answers. Song AND artist. There are only 10 because I don't want to fry your brains nor do I want it to take forever to complete. There are no winners because I don't have any good prizes to give away. You'll just be honored with a link to your blog on my blog. What more could you ask for??


1) So many nights I longed to hold you, so many times I looked and saw your face Human by Human League CHRIS got it!!

2) There's something I just have to say, I dont think I can hide what I'm feelin inside Amanda by Boston GUPPY got it!!

3)I've heard all the lines, I've cried oh so many times, Those tear drops they won't fall again True Blue by Madonna CHRIS got it!!

4) Chains of love got a hold on me, when passion's a prison, you can't break free You Give Love a Bad Name by Bon Jovi BECKY got it!!

5) I feel a hunger. It's a hunger that tries to keep a man awake at night. Are you the answer? Take Me Home Tonight by Eddie Money BECKY got it!!


6) We donĀ“t have the time for psychological romance. No romance, no romance, no romance for me mama. Word Up by Cameo SCOOTER got it!

7) Now I bring you home, you told me goodnight's not enough for you. I'm sorry baby. I Didn't Mean To Turn You On by Robert Palmer GUPPY got it!!

8) Tonight,ooh, I was thinking that you might, be the one who breathes life into this heart of mine. The Next Time I Fall by Amy Grant and Peter Cetera TARA got it!!

9) You can lose sight of it all and the darkness inside you can make you feel so small True Colors by Cindy Lauper STACY got it!!

10) I like my bands in business suits, I watch them on TV. I'm working out most everyday and watching what I eat Hip To Be Square by Huey Lewis and the News SCOOTER got it!
posted by Angie @ 1:19 PM  
10 Comments:
  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said…

    I haven't a clue with those lyrics. I would do better with 'yeah, yeah, yeah.'

     
  • At 7:04 PM, Blogger Scooter McGavin said…

    6. Word-Up - Cameo

     
  • At 7:06 PM, Blogger Scooter McGavin said…

    10. Hip to Be Square - Huey Lewis and the News


    May be back for more later as some are bouncing around in my head. You'd think with the amount of Lyrics Quizes I've done I'd be better at this.

     
  • At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    5) I feel a hunger. It's a hunger that tries to keep a man awake at night. Are you the answer?

    Take Me Home Tonight ~ Eddie Money

     
  • At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    4) Chains of love got a hold on me, when passion's a prison, you can't break free

    You Give Love a Bad Name ~ Bon Jovi

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    #9 is True Colors by Cyndi Lauper - I just heard that song yesteday - good timing!

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    #1 is "Human" by Human League and #3 is "True Blue" by Madonna

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    #2 Boston - Amanda

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    #7 Sorry Angie, but "I didn't mean to turn you on" - Robert Palmer

     
  • At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, I know one,, hmm reminds me I have to add that to my iTunes, Peter what's his face and Amy Grant,, Next Time I Fall.


    my hubby would be great at this game if he actually read blogs

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives