Tuesday, November 07, 2006
I had an appointment with the dentist last week. I didn't really blog about it because I didn't want anyone to ask me how it went. Why? Because I had not been to a dentist in, oh, something like 20 years. No, really. 20 years. Please save the lectures. Do you think I don't KNOW already how important dental health is? Well, I do. But, if you are or have ever been as poor as we are and have been, well, then you would know that dental fees were something that we just didn't (don't) have the money for. I COULD pick up the dental insurance at work, but really, it kind of sucks, and I need the money in my check every week.

Here's the thing. You know you were wondering about the thing. The thing is, I have all of my wisdom teeth. They have all cut through and for the most part they don't give me any problems. Until about a month ago. My upper left wisdom tooth started bothering me a little. No big deal. I figured it would go away. It didn't. Then, my gums started hurting in the back left. Hurting. Badly. Hurting to the point that I could not open my mouth wide enough to take a bite out of normal food. Don't even ask how happy that made Bubba...for reasons I will not discuss here.

Bubba (you know, my wife) took the initiative and made me an appointment. So, I did go. This in and of itself is a huge deal. I HATE HATE HATE new situations around new people that I don't know. This is a major issue with me, I know, and it really just has to do with The Fat. But that is a whole other post. So, anyway, I went and it wasn't so bad. I just have to get a couple of old fillings repaired because they are cracked (I had no idea!) and I have to have the upper left wisdom tooth and the tooth next to it pulled. Bottom line, I don't feel like such a big old redneck because I don't have to have all my teeth pulled. Ahhh...I feel much better now that I can face the blog world.

Did I mention that I have to have the teeth pulled TODAY??


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
posted by Angie @ 12:55 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yuck. If it makes you feel any better, I've gone to the dentist every six months for the last 30 years and still have to get fillings replaced. :) Nah - that probably doesn't make you feel any better.

    Good luck today!!

     
  • At 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope all went as well as it could!

     
  • At 1:42 AM, Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle said…

    Hey Angie:

    Nope . . . I didn't take the bar yet. I'm sure I'll take it within the next 9 months though. If you and Bubba get busy, Baby J will have a baby brother or sister by the time i crawl outta da testing room. heh heh

    cheers,

    Shane

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I HATE the dentist,, I haven't gone in years,, not 20.,, more like 8. I have a huge old overbit and I make sure I smile a certain way so that it doesn't show too much in pictures. If we lived closer to each other we could go together and hold each others hands,, did I say I HATE the dentist!!

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger Jose said…

    Hope is wasn't too bad, dentists now don't make you scream as they did in the old days... say 20 years ago!

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Darling. I feel ya. I feel every pain. Same thing here, wisdom tooth pain for 3. almost 4. years. Yes. Thats what I said almost 4 years. Make sure your dentist is experienced at extracting wisdom teeth. Thats all I have to say about that. (yeah, I watched Forrest Gump today) Take care, hope youre feeling ok. let me know!

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG I went through something almost exactly like that a few months ago. I ended up just having one wisdom tooth pulled as well. Mine on the other hand was extremely painful, but im really sensitive when it comes to dentistry.

    Glad you are doing better now :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives