Sunday, November 26, 2006
Idiot
Everybody's talking about this so I thought I'd throw my two cents in.

Michael Richards is an idiot...but...if the guy, or guys, that apparently were the target(s) of his tirade in that comedy club get ANY money for it...then I will know that the world has truly gone crazy.(of course I already KNOW the world has gone crazy..but..just sayin)

Yes, it was mean and pretty awful the way Michael Richards acted and he shouldn't have done it, but, guess what? Life sucks sometimes. We encounter mean and cruel idiots who may just hurt our feelings and insult our intelligence as well as offend us. Do we deserve money for that? Um, no. In my opinion, no. You chalk it up to life experience and you move on.

Instead of Michael Richards running around trying to play major clean up and trying to save face with the public, perhaps he just needs to contact those he offended and try to make a sincere apology. *shrug* Eh, I don't know. That probably won't work, but he should try.

In the mean time, I won't be able to watch Seinfeld, one of my most favorite shows EVER, the same again. *sigh*
posted by Angie @ 11:18 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think that the guy who the character was based on said it best-Michael Richards is an actor, he said the things, the character did not-there's no reason you still can't enjoy the film.

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Stop the world, I wanna get off! Get over it, the guy made an ass of himself, so who hasn't? I say strike one...move on.

    George Bush hasn't said or done a single thing right and he gets to run the whole asylum.

     
  • At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just found your blog....love the name. I can't wait to read more of your archives. I had to make a comment on the MR thing.....how many times have you watched an African American comedian who bashes their own race and the audience, primarily African American is falling all over themselves laughing? Who is suing then? Noone... Who is offended? Noone. Not that MR was right by any means but why are people not offended by the African American comedian bashing his own race? Just my .02 fwiw

     
  • At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What would they get money for? I'm lost....

    You can't sue for being offended.

    If you could, I'd be even broker than I already am... I'm sure I've offended more than my share of people....

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives