Tuesday, March 28, 2006
American Idol Top 10
Lisa started things off by singing "Because of You" by Kelly Clarkson. Wow, she sounded off key a lot. Probably not a great idea for her to do a huge hit by a previous Idol winner. I think Lisa needed to do something so much better tonight. As Simon said, the song was bigger than her voice. I give her 16/25.

Kellie sings "Suds In the Bucket." Is it just me or does she sound like every other girl who tries to sing country? Ditzy attitude aside, she is just an average singer. This song certainly didn't show off her voice. I give her a 16/25.

Ace sings "Drops of Jupiter." I love Train. I do NOT love Ace. He sounds very very flat. Poor song choice for another mediocre singer. With BAD hair and that idiotic stare. My score for Ace is 16/25. (what's with the scar?)

Wow...I hope the singing gets better!!!

Come on Taylor and Mandisa!! Bring it!!

Taylor sings "Trouble." FINALLY someone to bring a good performance! Leave it to my Soul Man, Taylor!! SIng it brotha!!! I loved it. Taylor sounded better in the first 3 notes than the first three singers sounded through their whole songs! He SANG it! I give Taylor 23/25. Oh, and, Taylor looked pretty HOT tonight! His hair was styled younger, his clothes were stylish. I'm likin the look.

Mandisa sings "Wanna Praise You." Mandisa usually sounds good singing anything. I don't think the beginning of this song sounded so great, but it got better. She is such a powerhouse singer with such energy! I think she could have picked a better song, but overall it was ok. I give Mandisa 20/25.

Chris sings "What If" by Creed. You GO Chris! He is the rocker that Constantine WANTED to be last year. It's harder than anything he's done this year, but he rocked it. He did what he loves. I didn't love the song, but it's just not my style. A great performance, though. I give Chris 20/25. I will say, I completely disagree with Simon for once when he said that Chris needs to do something different next time. Why? He does what he does best and I think he should keep doing it. Nobody tells Taylor to do something different than soul.

Katharine sings "The Voice Within" by Christina Aguilera. Bad song choice for Katharine. I LOVE Katharine, but tonight is not wonderful for her. Oh Kat....I am so sad. I give her 19/25. She did look gorgeous, though. I still think she totally deserves to be there. Here's hoping she picks a better song next time.

Bucky sings "A Real Good Man" by Tim McGraw. Bucky STILL suckies. Not a good performance at all. Not much to say, really except I agreed with the judges when they said he was hard to understand. Yuck. I give him 15/25.

Paris sings "Work It Out" by Beyonce. Ok, Paris honey, please STOP DANCING!!!! A very very bad song choice. Didn't sound good at all. I agree with Simon, she was like a little girl pretending to be Beyonce. I give her 17/25.

Elliott sings one of my favorites by Gavin Degraw, "I Don't Wanna Be." Oh, Elliott...honey..I like you..but No. Just no. Bad. No. I give Elliott 17/25.

If Paula doesn't stop using the phrase "took it and made it your own" I am really going to SCREAM!!!

What a horrible night of singing. I am so glad that hour is over. I can't even really pick the worst or who will go. Let me think on it. I'll get back to you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok, my top 3 would have to be: Taylor, Mandisa and Chris with Katharine close behind.
Bottom 3:Bucky, Lisa and Ace....and Kellie. Can I have a bottom 4??

Who's going home? I'll predict Lisa because she sang first. There were others just as bad, but I do think she will finally go. However, my 2nd choice is Bucky. It's a toss-up.

Again I say, what a HORRIBLE night of singing this was. Next week has to be better.
posted by Angie @ 8:01 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger guppyman said…

    We must have watched different shows.... I had such a different take on so may of them....

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey lady

    Like the new look!

    Wendy sent me.

    I am voting for Taylor all the way. I think... I think... I think I love him.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives