Tuesday, March 21, 2006
Yes, kids..it's that time again...live blogging AI
Tonight, they're singing the 50s. This could be...awful. :) I love Simon..he's the only one who tells it like it is!

Here's my son all ready to watch AI. I am SUCH a bad influence.


Mandisa starts things off. "I Don't Hurt Anymore." Mandisa is beautiful. That is all there is to it. I wish I had an ounce of her self confidence. Anyway, she sounds really great tonight. The 50s theme is working for her. She started well and ended it superbly. I think she is just awesome! A wonderful way to start the night. Even Simon called it a sexy performance. I give her 23/25.

BLOGGER has downtime DURING AI!!! Why do they do this to me???
But, it's back, I feel better.

Bucky sings "Oh Boy." First, his hair is better than last week..thank goodness. This performance seems emotionless..like Bucky is not really interested in the song. Definitely NOT a Top 12 performance. I tried to just listen and not watch Bucky and I am not impressed. I give Bucky 17/25.

Did you hear Bucky say Barry Manilow was "nicer than heck?" He and Pickler would make quite a pair.

Paris sings "Fever." She looks cute. Paris chops some of her words short (the only way for me to explain it) and that little thing drives me nuts. I like this better than last week for sure. A very good performance. Great song choice on her part. I give Paris a 22/25.

OH!! MY EYES!! Don't scare me like that! They just HAD to show Constantine in the audience.

Chris sings "Walk the Line." I'm nervous....Chris singing Johnny Cash...here we go. OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! CHRIS rocks my socks!! The arrangement of that song was AWESOME!! He could release it now and have a number one hit!!!!!!!! I LOVE CHRIS!!! 24/25

Why would Chris care what Constantine thinks about him?? Constantine is taking notes from CHRIS I would bet! Constantine was a wannbe rocker. Chris IS a rocker. Because, you know, I am a music expert. ;)

Katharine sings "Come Rain or Come Shine." She looks really pretty tonight. I think Katharine has the best control of her voice and the best range. She doesn't have that tendancy to sound like she is screaming kind of like Mandisa at times. A VERY good song for her. Great performance. As Simon says, she is a star. I give her 23/25.

Taylor sings "Fade Away." Look at Taylor in his baby blue/grey suit! Not a great song, but still classic Taylor in the song delivery. His energy is great! Is it just me or does the song have only 2 words...Fade Away?? I STILL love Taylor but not his best performance ever. By no means was it even close to being bad..just not the best. I give him 21/25.

I say this every stinking year...but...WHY is it that Simon's opinions are always made fun of and boo-ed??? He is the ONLY judge who tells the absolute truth.

PAULA shut up!!!

Lisa sings "Why Do Fools Fall In Love." She looks cute like a 16 year old should. I still think Lisa does better with a ballad. However, this isn't a bad performance per se, she was just good. She pulls the mic away from her mouth if she tries to dance around. The end of her song shone as opposed to the beginning. She needs to wow us now that we are getting to the top 10. I give her 18/25.

Kevin sings "When I Fall In Love." A good song choice for Kevin. This is just his speed. He is still that kid in school who can sing and is in all the musicals. I don't think he is an American Idol but he did well tonight. I give him 16/25.

Elliott sings "Teach Me Tonight." He looks better with facial hair. His hair is growing a little. I like it. He started flat but I think he is more convincing at being into the music. Barry was right when he said Elliott needed to feel it more. He did a really good job. I still like Elliott, though he won't win. I give him 21/25.

Kellie sings "Walkin After Midnight." Kellie has too much make-up on. (thanks, Tara.) She sounds like so many other country singers at the county fair. Nothing unique. Song choice was good for Kellie. Can I say it again? SHUT UP WITH THE COUNTRY BUMPKIN ACT!!!!!!!!!! "Was he calling me a coat?" I'm just not a big Kellie fan. I give her 20/25 though it pains me greatly.

Ace sings "In The Still of The Night." Ace needs to move around the stage a little. I swear he always has hat-head. Ace sounds a bit shakey to me tonight. But he will stay. I certainly wouldn't give him a standing "O." However, he sounded pretty good for a change. At least there was only a few seconds of falsetto this time. It wasn't his best, yet it was good. I give him 20/25.

Overall, it was a very good night for Idol. Almost everyone did well. I finally wasn't bored to tears.
MY top 3:Chris (!!!), Katharine, Mandisa
MY bottom 3:Bucky, Lisa, Kevin
Who I want to go home:Kevin (but he won't)
Who will go home:Bucky (maybe Lisa)

Tomorrow...GTHOTS

edited to add I think Elliott might be in the bottom 3...hmm..he may even go home. We'll see.
posted by Angie @ 8:03 PM  
8 Comments:
  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Why are you not signed in to yahoo!!

    I started laughing when they showed constantine and I immediately thought of you,, ya think he would have gotten new hair by now.

    Mandisa,, fantastic!

    Ohh, and Chris is coming up next,, WOOHOO!

     
  • At 8:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Oh my god,, are they trying to bling Angie,, they showed Constantine AGAIN,, ACK!

    Chris Rocks,, I think I'm in love! Oops,, no,, no I didn't say that,, sorry Steve

     
  • At 8:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    that's supposed to be blind,, not bling. duh on my part.

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    What the hell is paula saying,, I want to hit mute whenever they get to her. Love Taylor but I like his voice so much he could have picked a more challenging song ya know?

     
  • At 10:54 PM, Blogger Meg said…

    I agree with so much of what you said! I love Taylor, but he needed a song that had a few more words, you know? I disagree with you on a few, but hey, they're opinions so I'm not even going to tell you which ones!

    Found you through BlogMad...love your site!

     
  • At 12:29 AM, Blogger Shelly said…

    I think I should just point people over to your site on AI nights. We agree on just about everything! LOL

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger guppyman said…

    I got my review up....

    I think Lisa is out of there....

    And what.... you didn't like seeing Constantscream and his new boyfriend????

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger Shelley said…

    Hey! I just love your site, and I am an AI fanatic, too bad I can't vote (Canada). Sheesh.

    You are so right re: predictions on who will be in the bottom 3 tonight. I think Lisa, Bucky and Ace will be in the bottom 3. Sorry Ace lovers. Although it should be Kevin in the bottom 3 instead of Ace, but Kevin has a loyal geriatric and pre-pubescent fanbase. I think Lisa will go home tonight.

    LOVE CHRIS. That's all I have to say about that. HOT!

    Counting down the hours til' the results show....OH! And you are right, Simon is right about 98% of the time, Paula is so annoying and doesn't make any sense, I think Kellie's whole country bumpkin thing is an act, and Taylor is really starting to drive me nuts.

    CIAO!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives