Thursday, November 03, 2005
Under the knife
Tomorrow morning at 9:00am (that's Indiana time, but don't ask me what time zone we are on right now because you know, Hoosiers don't leap forward and fall behind like the rest of the free states...)...where was I? Oh, yeah, tomorrow morning at 9am, my hubba bubba hunky husband, Bubba is going under the knife. No, no...not for the snip snip...'cause y'all, they did that to ME during my last c-section when I said, hey, while you're in there... Ok, I am wandering off subject again..do you remember a while back, in August when Bubba injured himself on the job? Well, he's been off this whole time on workman's comp and they FINALLY figured out what is wrong. Again, don't ask me, yo, because he never asks. Oh, wait, they did finally write down the procedure name, but he's at home and I'm at work and anyway, the surgery is on his shoulder..sorta. But it is NOT the rotator cuff. He is waaaaaay nervous. So, tomorrow? If you look at the clock and you think it might be 9am in Indiana...say a little prayer for Angie's Bubba. (or send good vibes...or whatever...just think of us)Thanks, guys. :) Oh, and do you know what it means that he is having surgery and will wear a shoulder brace thingie for a month and won't go back to work for like, ever?? It means I will have to COOK!! Prepare food! See, I don't cook. Why? Because I SUCK at it! If you don't believe me, ask my family. The ONLY thing I cook is chili. That is it. So, for the next month or so, my family will be subjected to pots and pots of chili and well..let's just say Miss Tater already toots a lot... I will also have to take out the trash...but...BUT..I draw the line at disposing of mouse carcasses. He can just get his post-surgical behind up out the bed and collect those (if we catch one any time soon) in a pain medication induced stupor. That's all I'm sayin'.

On another note...go visit my new tenant. It's miss DELITEFUL DELITES She's already been here for like..a day and a half and I don't think she's gotten any clicks. What are you waiting for??? Go click her thumbnail!!! Delite is funny and let me tell ya...she is a LOT of fun when she's had a few drinks!! I plan to visit her in real life one day so we can go out and have a little fun! :) Oh, and while she spends time renting my place (free cable!) I'm spending time at her place! We're cool like that.

Last note...my child goes to Sadie's in a couple of days. I can't deal. (pictures of my Sadies as soon as I find them.)
posted by Angie @ 12:45 PM  
12 Comments:
  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger Crystie said…

    Dont laugh if this is a stupid question, but what is Sadies? I must have missed something. Hope Bubba gets well soon.

     
  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    Sorry..I just assume that everyone knows what I am talking about when I ramble on... :)

    Sadie Hawkins dance..it's a high school dance where the girl asks the boy to go and pays for everything. They dress alike (matching shirts) go out to eat and then go to the dance and have pictures taken, etc.

     
  • At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Who's going to sadies....Huh Huh? ME ME ME! Woot!

     
  • At 6:51 PM, Blogger Pikkel Weezel said…

    Has anyone noticed the sharp rise in deaths caused by catching staff infections at hospitals?

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Leave it to pikkel to say some words of encouragement on the eve of bubba's surgery. I will be on my way home from work or just getting home from work in the a.m. so I will think of Bubba and say a prayer.

     
  • At 8:03 PM, Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle said…

    Give my best to bubba -- hope the shoulder heals quickly. Give the man cold beers and make sure the remote has a fresh battery.

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger ShellBug526 said…

    Wishing your husband well! I don't cook either for heavens sakes, that is why I got married un the first place. ;) Frozen food is WONDERFUL!

     
  • At 11:51 PM, Blogger sea said…

    Angie:
    Best wishes to your husband for a successful surgery and speedy recovery. I'll put him (and you) in my prayers this evening. If you need any easy recipes, just give me a shout.

    Love Ya.

     
  • At 12:04 AM, Blogger WendyWings said…

    You have the number to the pizza place so you can alternate right ?
    Best wishes to your husband for tomorrow.

     
  • At 6:10 AM, Blogger Olyal said…

    Good luck to you and Bubba. I hope he gets through his surgery ok and I hope you can maintain your patience long enough to deal with your sweet kids and a whiney, post surgical husband. Why are blokes so bad at dealing with pain?
    :o)

     
  • At 7:51 AM, Blogger Quitter said…

    Hope your hub has a speedy recovery!! Thanks for letting me hang out for a bit, just don't go asking for me to change any bedpans! ;)

     
  • At 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very Nice your Blog ....

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives