Friday, October 21, 2005
LET'S DANCE!!
So, I've been watching Footloose on one of our 350 HBO channels and boy does it ever bring back memories!! I saw Footloose in the theaters no less than 7 times. Doesn't sound like a big deal now, but back then when I was 13...yeah. Every single time I went with my then best friend, Jeri. She and I would scrounge our money together and go to a Saturday matinee. One time, she even paid in PENNY ROLLS! We usually sat in the very front row and squealed, giggled and quoted lines from the movie. We were head over heels in love with Kevin Bacon as Ren. I do believe Kevin Bacon as Ren McCormick, was the first celebrity I actually LUSTED after. I wanted to live in that movie. I wanted to BE Ariel. (only, I wanted boobs...and hips...) I wanted her red cowboy boots. I wanted Ren to want ME!! I wanted to fight with my preacher daddy about boys and dancing. I wanted MY life to have a way cool soundtrack with that guy from Loverboy and Kenny Loggins on it! (and Shalamar! Who could forget Shalamar?!?) I wanted to sneak out and watch Ren dance in a big old warehouse. I wanted to sneak over the county line to dance in a hick bar! I wanted to ask Ren, "So, do you think you're ever to going to kiss me?" I wanted to go to prom in a yellow VW bug with a hot guy in a BURGUNDY tux! I wanted to watch white guys break dance badly in high water pants and ruffled tux shirts. Almost paradise, indeed.

posted by Angie @ 11:49 PM  
19 Comments:
  • At 9:40 AM, Blogger Shannon akaMonty said…

    I still have that movie on VHS. And yes, I have watched it fairly recently. :)

    "I like that hat, man. They sell men's clothes where you got that?"

    *giggle*

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said…

    I get 'Footloose' mixed up with 'Flashdance'.

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have that album. Yes, album, not CD! It's even the collector's version with pictures pressed into the vinyl.

    Don't have anything to play it on though ;)

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger ribbiticus said…

    i love footloose too. we recently had the play staged here. those 80's films (and their music) really were unforgettable. :)

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger ribbiticus said…

    oops, forgot to say michele sent me today. :)

     
  • At 12:17 PM, Blogger Panthergirl said…

    You know, I never saw that movie. Guess I should add it to my Netflix queue, just because... ;)

    Here via michele today!

     
  • At 2:06 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    One of my elementary school friends and I choreographed our own dance to the song "Footloose". I can even remember parts of it! Great movie!!!

     
  • At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Footloose Flashdance it all makes me want to take the next rainy weekend gather up all my 80's movies like these and never get out of my jammies!

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger Olyal said…

    I have a thing for 80's movies and Footloose is right up there on the list! Holding out for a hero, and Let's hear it for the boy are some of my favourite songs. :o) But SHHHHH... That's our little secret.

     
  • At 2:19 AM, Blogger BeckEye said…

    What the heck happened to Christopher Penn? He was so cute in that movie.

     
  • At 6:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I didn't see this movie in time, I saw Sleepers first and it's ruined Kevin Bacon for me forever.

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Blogger Woman with a Secret said…

    I was in love with Kevin Bacon for years thanks to this movie. Thanks for bringing back old memories. :)

     
  • At 11:21 PM, Blogger Hale McKay said…

    Eveen some of us guys liked Footloose. I liked it mainly for the sound track. But I do watch it every time it shows up on TV. I could dance back then - slowed down now though.

     
  • At 11:21 PM, Blogger Hale McKay said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ahhh,, I love when we post about the 80's,,, such great memories.

     
  • At 9:11 AM, Blogger MOM IS NUTZ said…

    All I can say is AMEN..I too wanted to fry Kevin's bacon...LOL

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger Tracy S said…

    You know I remember thinking kevin was hot ..Now I wonder what the heck I was thinking ... You got to love watching old movies and taking a stroll down memory lane though ...

    Oh yeah ..I AM BACK !!!!!! :)
    * Hugs *

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi!
    Thank you so much for bidding on my Blog for rent. I could only pick one, but I really like your blog and promise to choose yours in the future. Please try again next week!
    Sincerely, Suzanne

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Psstt..welcome to my blog! Hope you enjoy your stay ;) Yours is beautiful... I love the design and content(which, of course, is why I chose you!;)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives