Thursday, October 13, 2005
Ouch!
I got my flu shot today and can I say...OUCH!! Getting the shot didn't hurt in the least, but now? Damn...I swear my arm is partially numb and partially in throbbing pain! Know what I hate worse than the pain from the shot? The people who make a HUGE deal about NOT getting the flu shot. Who the hell cares? If you don't want it, don't get it. Just don't come to work with the flu and infect the rest of us. Oh, wait, I won't be effected much because I GOT THE SHOT!(and it was Free, so there!) Even worse is the explanation about why they do not get the flu shot. Just shut up already. When you finally do shut up, I will hand you the info on how the flu shot does not make you sick and then you can argue about that for the remainder of my work day and drive me to clock out and plunge my car off a cliff. My head stone will read, "At least she got the flu shot."

Edited to add:I DO know that some people have allergic reactions and some people develop flu like symptoms after getting the flu shot. I also know that I may still get sick this winter. I know the flu shot is not the cure all for winter illness. this post is really specifically about one particular person who says the same exact thing every year when our employer offers the flu shot to us. And. Won't. Shut. Up. Also, I work in the health care industry and that is why my employer offers it to us. Ok, I'm not sure why I felt the need to qualify my post...I just know there will be arguments. It's just a blog post, people!
posted by Angie @ 11:41 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 7:32 AM, Blogger Blueyes said…

    Actually the flu shot does make some people sick almost immediately after they receive it and the flu shot just abaits the symptoms of the flu if you should catch it but it doesn't absolve you from getting it. We actually only give the shot to the immunosuppressed/elderly/kids here. If someone else wants it and we have enough we'll give it to them but otherwise if you catch the flu, Tamaflu works alot better than getting the shot.

     
  • At 7:40 AM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said…

    If I had a flu jab, I'd be off for a least two weeks.

     
  • At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I should get one but I'm a chicken.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives