Sunday, October 02, 2005
A date? Really?
I went on a date last night! Believe it or not. (someone call Ripley, please, because this makes something like 2 dates in a year! In SIX MONTHS even!)
Guard Girl stayed home and put the kidlies to bed and we went to dinner first. It was a Festivus MIRACLE!
We ate at Chili's where I had a most wonderful raspberry margarita...
Probably would have had two, but, dang, those top shelf margaritas are hard on us poor people!

The chips they brought us were at the same time, soggy...and chewy. I'm pretty sure that when you bite into a tortilla chip, it is supposed to break off easily and crunch, NOT be an effort to pull a bite off and then stick to your teeth. We sent them back and got more. Our server, Molly, needed a few lessons in waitressing...serving..whatever. She was as nice as she could be, but slower than a snail. We told her about our chips and she went and did about 10 other things before taking them away and bringing us new ones. And every time she "filled" Bubba's water glass it was about 2 inches from the top of the glass.

Here's my southwestern eggrolls, which is actually an appetizer, but I didn't want a huge meal before a movie. Didn't want to have to interrupt the movie with a bathroom run.
Yum!

And here is Bubba's little bit of food he had with his ketchup...


We ended with a piece of cheesecake to share...


Sorry for the crappy quality of photos but I didn't want to turn the flash on because I didn't want to hear people talking about the weird, fat lady in the bar taking picture of her food. Bubba would have just been shaking his head and pointing at me and mouthing, "I don't know...blog..she..I..yeah.." I thought better of that.

So, then it was off to the movies!


We saw The Wedding Crashers and I haven't laughed so hard in a long time! At one point, Bubba almost had to leave the theater because he was laughing so hard and couldn't stop. Of course this was after that particular funny part had ended and no one else was still laughing. I spent a big part of the movie wiping tears of laughter from my face. It didn't help matters that at one point someone a couple of rows back was SNORING! That just got us laughing again! Seriously, it is a funny movie. Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson are a great team, but Vince steals the show. If you haven't seen it yet, you should. :) I didn't try to get any movie screen shots because there were too many people around and my camera screen glows when you turn it on.



The night ended with---***censored*** and then we ***censored*** and I ***censored*** after he ***censored*** with the ***censored.***

Fun stuff.
posted by Angie @ 1:38 PM  
10 Comments:
  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger Tracy S said…

    mmmm I always get the soutwestern eggrolls there as my meal ..They are very filling I think and very yummy ;)
    I looove the avacado sauce they have with them.I am glad you had a great date :) .Also thanks for all your thoughts and prayers while we were gone ..you are so sweet :)
    It is great to be back ....

    Oh yeah thanks for the movie review ..We have been wanting to see that one .We watched The Longest yard with Adam Sandler and Chris Rock this weekend ..It is very funny also .

     
  • At 8:45 PM, Blogger Canoes under my shoes said…

    Oh my God! A date! How wonderful! Looks like you've hit that milestone. You've grown your own babysitter! HORRAY!

     
  • At 10:38 PM, Blogger mojotek said…

    I always said Wedding Crashers is a date movie!

     
  • At 12:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Date nights are great. My DH and I need one desperately, it's been two months.

    Wedding Crashers was great. I can't wait to see it on DVD again.

     
  • At 7:41 AM, Blogger Quitter said…

    OMG!
    What's a date?!
    Has been ages for me and mine..Does it count if its with someone else?!! ;)

     
  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger guppyman said…

    Call me a perv, but I really want to see behind the censored parts....

     
  • At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I loved Wedding Crashers! Saw it on a date night with my own hubby (and I totally agree with Mona - date nights rock)... we went to a DRIVE-IN! No kidding...and so the part where Bubba almost had to leave? I think I laughed like that at the same part... I couldn't stop laughing... Hubby actually got a little annoyed because he was missing the next bit... LOL

     
  • At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hm.......sounds like maybe another date on the way! Good girl!
    Peace..............

     
  • At 8:06 PM, Blogger Olyal said…

    Sounds like a great night!!!!
    I loved the wedding crashers, in particular the brother, the grandma and the "motorboat". :o)

     
  • At 8:16 AM, Blogger Trista said…

    Sounds like an excellent night. I also saw the Wedding Crashers, but I couldn't really enjoy it as much as I think I could. I saw it with my fiance, but we sat right next to this woman and her 7 year old son. All of the sexual parts of the movie (which amounted to about 95%) were really uncomfortable for me. Why would you take your little boy to see this movie is beyond me, but I'm sure it was a riot if you were sitting next to a toddler.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives