Saturday, October 01, 2005
That family at Wal-mart
So, we're going into Wally World a few nights ago and we see this family going in. Mom, dad, and 3 kids. Not particularly interesting as people go, but we kept running into them all night long as we shopped. Every time we encountered them, you could tell they were becoming more and more frazzled. The mom's face was flushed (it WAS about 115 degrees in there!) and I watched her put her hair up in a scrunchie right before she began trying clothes on her little girl right there in the little girls clothing department. A lot of "Come here!" and "Stop that" was heard. The little boy spent a big part of the time saying "ready! ready! ready!" The little girl ran around and through the clothes racks. Then we saw them in the lay-away line and the two youngest of the 3 kids were running around, doing flips on the floor and touching everything and drinking from the water fountains over and over and over...and did I mention talking really LOUDLY?? All I could think was, "I am so going to blog this."

Did I mention the kids names?
Guard Girl, Tater Tot, and Baby J.

Yes, WE have become that wal-mart family that others blog about. Someone shoot me now.
posted by Angie @ 5:45 PM  
9 Comments:
  • At 6:52 PM, Blogger Beanhead said…

    OMG I thought for a minute you had come to Florida and were talking about me...lol


    BTW you have me addicted to blog explosion now.

     
  • At 11:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Change the link about me....my new xanga is http://www.xanga.com/brikaibee/

     
  • At 11:16 PM, Blogger Crystie said…

    I too, thought you had seen my family in wally world. Then I noticed that you failed to mention when the little boy stood up in the buggy and peed in the floor in front of the hamburger meat case. Shoot, guess I should have blogged about that :)

     
  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger James Willis said…

    This is a great blog I see alot of these families where I live in Texas at Wally World as well. I will book mark your blog. My wife is also an 80's child stuck in the new millineum!! I have a couple of blogs you might want to check out:
    www.willisu.blogspot.com
    www.whydopeopledothatt.blogspot.com
    (very new)
    and also my wife has a few entitled:
    www.enchantednursery.blogspot.com
    www.wendyawillis.blogspot.com

    Once again as my wife would say
    "radical" blog.

     
  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said…

    My sympathies, Angie.

    It seems a lot of commenters had a guilty feeling that you were referring to them.

     
  • At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL!

    We were at Wally World last night, I think we saw you.

    Mind you, I was the mother chasing the 2 1/2 year old who refused to stay in the cart. Wanted up. Then down. Then up, then down.

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger Morris said…

    Walmart sucks major ass!

    Mr. Morris
    Ask Morris

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger justdawn said…

    You should be there for the rare occasion that we take our tribe into a restraunt to eat:)

    (I wonder how many people have blogged about US?!?) heh

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger Shannon akaMonty said…

    Reason #246 that I don't take my kids to the Evil Empire when I go... ;)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives