Tuesday, October 25, 2005
More blasting of the past
I had to start this post with another blast from the past. Bubba reminded me of something that I had to Google. Ok, show of hands. Who remembers the BluBlocker sunglasses commercial from the 80s?? You know the one...those horrible yellow-orange sunglasses and the commercial with that guy doing the BluBlocker Rap. Anyone? I couldn't find a screenshot of the commercial or a picture of the guy rapping, but I found an old website so you can click and hear the rap. CLICK ME!

Oh, oh!!! Wait..even better..I just found a better site. First,though, here's a picture. Who could forget that big sombrero? And here's the better site complete with video! Yes, I said, VIDEO! How cool is that? Ok, enough of that past blast.

Ok, before I talk about anything else...go over to my side bar and click on my new renter! This week, my tenant is the wonderful and talented Melanie? over at the Plaid Toaster? I'm not making her a link here...so you have to go over there.....
<<<<<-------and click her thumbnail? (Question marks are a sort of inside joke?Melanie will get it?) Don't get too used to that thumbnail though. She changes the look of her blog more than just about any other blogger out there. Melanie is a "mommy blogger" sometimes..AND? Yep, she's part of the familia....the HWM otherwise known as the House Wife Mafia. Anway, check her out. You'll like her. I promise. Get to clickin'!

I've been hanging out waaaay too much over on the Shout Box at Blog Explosion. It's quite addictive. Not really sure where I was going with this thought, so, nevermind.

I LOVES me some Barney on "How I Met Your Mother." I am sure I have already mentioned this, but I had to say it again. He makes me laugh every week!! This is Barney.Yes, indeed that is...DOOGIE HOWSER! But really, he is so funny on this new show. You should watch. "DEE...wait for it...NIED!!" (When will I be too old to watch a show about a group of twenty-something friends??)

Was Grey's Anatomy good this week or what? I was sooo mad at Derek for not walking through that door at the end!! And? My favorite character is George. Grey's Anatomy fans? Talk to me!! His funniest line to date..."Make the lambs stop screaming."

I am so fat, you guys. Does anyone want to pay for a trainer, personal grocery shopper, and chef for me? No? Fine, I see how you all are. Fairblogger friends.

Lost is on tomorrow! Oh, wait, it's a rerun al-freakin-ready! ABC is a slutty whore of a network! Shhh..don't tell them I said that.

I heart Desparate Housewives again after Sunday's episode. I was starting to get a little...put off..by the writing, but this past episode was really funny. It answered some questions...and left us with more questions.

Um, can I just say that my child..my daughter..my first born...is going to SADIE'S next weekend!! *I* just went to Sadie's like, LAST WEEK. Jeez. I am O to the LD! I'll post my very own Sadie's photos from 1988 and 1989 next week.

Hey, if you don't read Miss Zoot you are missing out on laughter regarding ass sweat and Krispy Kreme donuts. Oh, and she'll be having her baby very, very soon. She is in the hospital as I type. Go for a visit.

Ok, I had better stop now and post this so these two will shut up about it already! ;) Wendy and Sea, it was so worth the wait, eh?? hee hee
posted by Angie @ 10:20 PM  
16 Comments:
  • At 6:47 PM, Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle said…

    NO WAY. I TOTALLY REMEMBER THAT COMMERCIAL. BUT THE REAL FUNNY PART IS THAT I SEE DR. GEEK EVERYDAY ON HOLLYWOOD BLVD. BY MANN'S CHINESE THEATRE. He has his microphone and does raps to people's names. I will request the blueblocker rap next time ;)

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    I love Scully! :)

     
  • At 7:01 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    Shane, are you serious? That is too, cool. You totally have to ask him to do the blu blockers rap!

     
  • At 7:06 PM, Blogger Melanie said…

    Ang? Ang? Ang? Thank you for having me this week. I love the same shows you do. Hooked on them all and I love George but usually spend my time staring at Patrick Dempsey...yum yum...the boy has grown up since "Can't buy me love" in the eighties.

    Oh and about my thumbnail...I have only changed my blog three times and it is scheduled for another FINAL ho-down in a couple weeks. Been experienting..ya know all the kids are doing it now, lol.

    ?????????? hehe

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger Beanhead said…

    Why oh why did you do that to me?!?!? You now have me on an 80's what kinda other things have I forgotten kick.

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger sea said…

    Oh my gosh, Angie. I was in a store the other day and I was desperately trying to remember the name of those sunglasses. It wouldn't come to me. Thank you so much for the relief. My mind can rest easy now. Your update was definitely worth the wait :)

     
  • At 2:14 AM, Blogger WendyWings said…

    I totally remember those blublocker commercials. Thanks for the shoutout btw and I JUST LOST AGAIN what is going on here lol

     
  • At 6:40 AM, Blogger Quitter said…

    I never owned any BluBlockers shades..ya think if I had some now I'd still be cool?!! :D

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger cmmdtp said…

    Thanks for commenting on my blog. I read yours all the time, very interesting posts. This one brought me back to another time and place. See you in the SB.

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I LOVE Grey's Anatomy. LOVE IT !

    BTW I tagged you on my site. Check it out. FUN FUN !

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger Scooter McGavin said…

    I love that Doogie Howser show too, I have said the phrase "suit up" way too many times since seeing the show.

    Scooter McGavin's 9th Green

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger Tracy S said…

    Ok I thought I was getting old ..but apparently not old enough to remember that whacky commercial ..BUTTTT Guppy apparently is old enough ...I went to the site you linked to and started playing teh video and I mean instantly without seeing the screen he said ..." hey blue blockers"..HAHAHAH
    Cool tenant you have there ..I first seen her on BE yesterday ..I like her blog and OH My is the Shout Box addicting ...Cool to see you finally discovered it ..lol

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger MOM IS NUTZ said…

    Now I want to go and buy some BluBlockerssssss..not really...lol

     
  • At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I really hope "How I Met Your Mother" stays on the air. Barney's my favorite, too! He plays that role so well!

    "Grey's Anatomy" is incredible, too.

     
  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger Shannon akaMonty said…

    I was actually feeling a little sick at my stomach for poor Meredith...
    DAMN YOU, DEREK!!
    *sigh*
    I love that show with an unending passion. :)

    I TOTALLY remember the blu-blockers! I'm glad you posted that...

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My husband and I really enjoy How I met your mother! LOL Barney could not be any farther from the doogie personality, but he does it so well! He cracks me up. SUITE UP!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives