Sunday, September 04, 2005
Dave....G dubya....my bleeding ears
So maybe I am a little biased because I heart Dave Matthews (and his band) with a deep (unsettling) loving (stalker-like)...obsession, but....their new video for "Dream Girl" is so good! It is actually a good video!! I haven't seen a good video in ages. They asked Julia Roberts to be in it and I think it turned out well. Watch for it in between shows on vh1.



Now, on to something that is ticking me off...I know I said I wasn't going to say anything else about the hurricane aftermath...but...I am all riled up because the president is being blamed for all that is bad about the mess on the gulf. It's bothering me to no end. And this picture...is going all over the internet on blogs and such because it was taken on Tuesday. People (Bush bashers) are just tearing into him because he had the AUDACITY to accept a guitar from a country singer while he was at a V-J Day function on the same day the hurricane was happening. And? Point? Good grief people, even the great and powerful Clinton wouldn't have lowered himself from a helicopter into the middle of the raging flood waters to save people! So once again I say STOP IT!!! Do I think aid got to the people fast enough? No, I don't. But blaming it on Bush alone is just silly. Seems there was a breakdown in the whole system. What about New Orleans' Mayor Nagin?? Isn't the captain supposed to go down with the ship? I'm just sayin'.... The governor of LA? Don't EVEN get me started! Lots of things failed to happen and there are many many others to blame before you get to the top.
Get's my blood boiling, can you tell?

BB6....an April quote, "In a way, I'm everyone's hero" because I got rid of James. MMkay...we'll let you think that, April.
I hope Ivette sees when she watches the show just HOW FRICKIN' LOUD SHE TALKS!! Guess what? She cried AGAIN when Howie won HOH...wondering why God won't bless her. And guess what else? There was April and Maggie rubbing her back and coddling her. Ivette, who is the sore loser here? You called Rachel out for being a bad sport. Look in the mirror, dear. Just how funny was Howie when he got those light sabers? Here's a night picture of him playing with one.
When it was time for the veto competition, it was HOLLY from BB5 who was hosting. She began talking and my ears bled. OH. MY. GOD. I almost had to mute the tv just to endure the competition. She has the fake, high pitched, screeching valley girl wanna be "Like ohmigod" I'm-a-dumb-blonde voice that I am sure shattered glass for miles around and made dogs come running. I believe I would have had to punch her to get her to shut up had I been a houseguest. I was so happy to see the competition end!! I wanted Janelle to get the veto, but Maggot Maggie won it. And so started even more drama. April actually said to Maggie, "Thank you for not using the veto." This was before the veto ceremony! Maggie said, "I might use it." April flipped out! Went to the diary room and bawled and whined and was DEVESTATED that Maggie would even dream of using the veto. Then, April cried all over Maggie and told her that she (April) had saved Maggie by targeting James and Maggie should in turn save her. Whatever April. Anyway, Maggie didn't use the veto and Beau went home. I would have much rather BEAU stayed, but now we have to endure another week of Ivette...especially since she got HOH! The only reason why she won was because Maggie GAVE it to her! So now, Janelle and Howie go back on the block...at least that is what I figure will happen. At least they haven't mentioned Cappy in a while.

And finally, here are my two youngest monkeys from a couple nights ago. They got all the bed pillows and lined them up on the floor and covered them with blankets and jumped on them...it was a pool and bed...and can't even remember all the imaginary things they came up with. :)

Now, I have to go to bed.

PS Dave looks yummy in a white tshirt...even with that little pooch of a belly. mmm hmm...

I know..I am pathetic. The first step is admitting it.
posted by Angie @ 1:38 AM  
9 Comments:
  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger Tracy S said…

    I agree about everyone needs to quit bashing Bush but that is what most people live to do ..So sad really .What ever happened to showing respect to the friggen president of the United States of America people?Why is everyone blaming Bush for this because they would blame Bush if their fart stunk .It is ridiculous .I agree where the F(*k was the bleepin Mayor ?Oh yeah he was bitching about Bush instead of doing something about the situation .GRRRR it gets me so angry .

     
  • At 7:06 PM, Blogger Tracy S said…

    Oh yeah and OMG MOUTHETTE is friggen HOH can she ever talk without screaming ?
    this is a terrible week in Big Brother I do believe ...lol and Holly OMG you nailed it ..lol I could not stand her last year and couldn't stand her even more this year ..lol

     
  • At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad to finally find some bloggers that DON'T believe that this is all Bush's fault. The amount of Bush-bashing going around right now is insane. Luckily I read through the evacuation plans, etc. and came to the conclusion that quite a bit of this catastrophe could have been avoided if only local and state government had actually FOLLOWED the plan.

     
  • At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think Ivette and Holly would make a wonderful couple! They could have contests to see who could talk louder.

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger Helen said…

    LOVE Dave and yes, he looks great in the t-shirt! Now, we will hopefully agree to disagree on George.
    Peace...............

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger Angie said…

    Of course, Helen! I know there aren't many who agree with me on the GW thing, but that's ok. :)

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger Michelle Keller said…

    I love Dave & co!!!!!!!!! I have also had it with the George bashing. I think that most of the anti-Bush political pundits just wait for anything to come along that they can blame on him, regardless of whether or not he might be responsible (or even involved). "My tomato garden didn't turn out well this year. Damn that George Dubya!!"

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As usual I agreed with pretty much everything you said. Did you read April's HoH blog on CBS? She thinks we don't like the Nerd Herd because of what they did to Kaysar. I'd like to fill her in on the other 3 gazillion reasons why America doesn't like her and her 'group'.

    Your kids are adorable.

     
  • At 2:16 AM, Blogger timnayar said…

    I liked the DMB video too even though I don't usually care much for Julia Roberts.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives