Sunday, August 28, 2005
Of Sunday mornings and cell phones
Happy Sunday, everyone!

I really need to do a BUNCH of laundry today. I should be doing laundry right now. For some reason I am sitting in this stupid computer chair once again battling my blog and blog exploding. It's a sickness, yo. I promise it is not just me. When my computer sees me coming, the mouse starts moving on it's own..kinda like a ouija board. (I don't believe in that stuff, I swear!!) As I approach, it moves that little curser over to my favorites and clicks on Blog Explosion. Then? The keys on the keyboard are depressed without me even touching them!! It signs me in and, well, I can't just ignore the battles! I HAVE to vote! You've got to understand, it's NOT me!!

If you don't Blog Explode, click here. But don't say I didn't warn you!

Also on my sunday agenda besides laundry. A shower! Feeling pretty skanky right about now. You should see my hair. My hair will thank me. So will my family!

After doing a meme the other day and answering (or not answering) some questions about a cell phone, I just had to comment a little. Most people's reactions to my not having a cell phone is..."WHAT? You don't have a cell phone? How do you live without a cell phone??" It's easy. I just don't call people while I am in Wal-mart. I wait until I get home. I don't wreck my car trying to talk to someone. I wait til I get home. I don't drive way out in the boondocks so if my car breaks down I can walk to the nearest gas station or restaurant and use the phone. I don't worry about missed calls. I don't share private phone conversations with everyone around me. I don't yell "CAN YOU HEAR ME?" for the entire doctor's office to hear. And?? I am not that easily accessible! I don't want to be called while I am out. I hate the regular telephone ringing, why would I want to be bothered as I drive or shop or pee in a public restroom??? I leave the house to get away from things like the phone. I can live without a cellphone. My parents got one for my daughter. Yes, I have called her. But you know what, I didn't have to. She could live without a cell phone, too. My husband recently bought one of those go phones by cingular that you pre-pay. You know what? He could live without a cell phone in the real world, but he does need it for work, so I make an exception. The gist of what I am saying here?? I HATE CELL PHONES!!
posted by Angie @ 8:48 AM  
10 Comments:
  • At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm not particularly fond of them, either. My family got me one as a Christmas gift a couple of years ago. I use it *maybe* three times a week. On the other hand, if my 17 year old son didn't have one, it would be a nightmare. At least now I can always track him down.

    :-)

    Happy Sunday! Michele sent me!

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger Tracy S said…

    Congrats on the 10 -5 win in BE girlie .I know what you mean about it being a sickness .We woke up this morning and of course if it is not a work day the first thing we do is go straight to the PC ..We check comments and they go straight to BE ...So sad We had an hour and a half till we have to leave for church and I ran in here to get some time in before hand ..lol Man I am pathetic .I will be joining you in the HUGE task of trying to catch laundry up today ..How can three people produce so much laundry ?Anyway I am slightly long winded today as I am sure you can tell ..lol
    Have a great Sunday girl !!!!

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger denotsKO said…

    Yeah..it's a sickness. Either Mrs. D or myself are usually doing it. Our daughter is desperate to start a blog; but I don't know if I'm willing to give up computer time.

    I'm with you on cellphones. I hate mine; but I'm almost always on call in one way or another.

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said…

    I despise cellphones as well. People seem to walk around as if they are surgically attached to them.

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said…

    Oops...I forgot that Michele sent me!

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    Interesting read. Yes writing a blog is addicting and kudos to you for not using cell phones. I hate doing laundary :-((
    Happy sunday, gal.

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I agree with ya. I can live without a cell. I don't own one. I don't know if I really even want one.

    Happy Laundry day!!!

     
  • At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am nor addicted to Botb.
    I am not atticted to Botb.
    I am not addicted to Botb.

     
  • At 11:33 PM, Blogger Crystie said…

    I dont use a cell phone either, mostly because I cant afford one. But I hate to see people walking around yakking 24/7! Or driving with one! OR trying to rent a movie and talking while I am trying to check them out/go over their account etc. that happened twice tonight! GGRRRR!

     
  • At 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm right with you on the cellphone thing. I have one but just so the school can contact me if the kids are sick etc. I never ring anyone on it, and if it rings? I jump and go "What's that?". Work pays for it, so it's free but I could live without it easily. Cellphones = overrated.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives