Saturday, August 27, 2005
more info about the 80's...go figure
So, I stole this little meme from Cristie who stole it from someone else. Since it is about high school and that was in the 80's, well, I just HAVE to do it.

The high school years...

What year was it? 1985 to 1989

What was your favorite outfit? acid washed jeans, probably with a yolk and pleats in the front, know what I mean? Jeans were most likely rolled up tightly at the bottom. If it was winter, a brightly colored sweater with a turtle neck under. I did NOT do t-shirts in high school. Ever.

What was up with your hair? I was famous for my hair. I was letting it grow out and my goal was for it to be long, long, long...way below my brastrap in back. :) It was always permed and everyone envied my hair. My hair is what Bubba loved first about me. :)

Who were your best friends? Connie, Ron, Jason, Laura, Inge, Monica Those were the ones I was closest to, though I could list a bunch of other friends.

What did you do after school? I was usually the manager of one of the sports teams, so I would go hang out at practice and fill water bottles. (I got a letter jacket for that!) I was also photographer for the yearbook and newspaper so I was at some sport event or extra curricular activity taking pictures. I watched a lot of tv (can you imagine??), but mostly music videos, back when Mtv played them. Homework came last unfortunately.

Where did you work? um..I got money from the bank of daddy. :)

Did you take the bus? Freshman year I rode with a friends mom, or my cousin who was a senior. Once I got my license, I drove myself and everyone else who needed a ride.

Who did you have a crush on? Freshman year I had a HUGE crush on a guy named John Hines who was a junior. He was in my French class and spent the whole class time staring at him. I wanted to ask him to the Sadie Hawkins dance but I totally chickened out. All four years, my secret, or not so secret crush was on a guy named Corey. He was tan and beautiful. Or so I thought.

Did you fight with your parents? Not much, but when I did, it was with my mom.

Who did you have a CELEBRITY crush on? Who DIDN'T I have a celebrity crush on?? The guys in Duran Duran, of course. The guys from "The Outsiders" like Tom Cruise, C Thomas Howell, Ralph Macchio, Matt Dillon etc..

Did you lug all of your books around in your backpack all day because you were too nervous to find your locker? Usually not a backpack but a great big bag. I went to my locker a couple of times a day, but usually I carried almost every thing that I needed. I had a little trouble with getting to class on time. :)

Did you have a 'clique'? I ran with so many different people, I didn't really belong to one clique.

Did you have "The Max" like Zach Kelly and Slater? Not really, but after every dance "everybody" would go to Mcdonalds and hang out until time to go home.

Admit it, were you popular? I was probably somewhere in the middle where popularity was concerned. Everyone knew me, though. Whatever guy I dated usually improved my popularity. Once I started dating Bubba, EVERYBODY knew me...though not necessarily by name, but by either "Bubba's lady" or "Bubba-ette" (NOT a good nickname for a girl!!)

Who did you want to be just like? hmmm..there were people I wanted to look like, but not anyone in particular that I wanted to be like.

What did you want to be when you grew up? I really had no idea. For a while I thought I would be a physical therapist or an optometrist, but I am neither one.
posted by Angie @ 9:25 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger Jay said…

    Good memory!!

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger justdawn said…

    Acid washed jeans...whomever came up with that idea should be flogged! heh

     
  • At 12:14 PM, Blogger xtessa said…

    this is so interesting! i'll do this next week!;)

    btw, who's zach kelly and slater? (asked the girl from the 3rd world country)... ehehehehe!

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger Crystie said…

    Wow, we had many things in common didnt we? Didnt you just love being known for your hair? Everyone described me as "the girl with THE hair" I decribed myself as the girl who went thru 2 huge bottles of conditioner a week! Its funny now tho, my hair is really thin, nothing like high school.
    Poor xtessa, deprived of Saved by the Bell!

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said…

    I still crush on the guys from Duran Duran :)

    Thanks for stopping by my place :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives