Wednesday, August 17, 2005
You fat lard!
My daughter starts high school tomorrow. High. School. Oh. My. God.

I can't talk about it right now.


Me and Guard Girl went shopping earlier to get her a new shirt for the first day of school. She got new jeans the other night but Wal-mart didn't have anything in the way of tops, so off to the mall we went tonight. It's the night before the first day of school and the mall? Not a bit crowded! Where the heck are all the other procrastinators?? Did they all take a course on not procrastinating that I missed?? Well, that was ok, because we didn't have to fight crowds.

Anyway, GG got a new pair of Nike shox. $105 on sale. Don't you wish you were me? Then down to Old Navy where she found a new top. A girly top. NOT a concert tshirt. NOT a classic rock t-shirt. Something that would make her look like a girl. Success! She found a cute button down and two, yes, two tanks to go underneath. It's all about the layers don't you know. Then to Hot Topic for some new buttons to put on her new book bag. Oh! Speaking of buttons...look what I got to display in my drab gray cubicle (I almost typed cuticle right there..)....



It's a button...isn't it cool?? I just need an acid washed jean jacket to pin it to! In the mean time, it'll go on my "wall" by my desk.

Look what else I got. For my cubicle.

I know, I know, Napoleon Dynamite is sooooo yesterday, but it is so funny. And I do a mean impression of him that cracks my co-workers up. So I got one for me and one for my friend at work. She will crack up when I give it to her. Hey, if anyone wants to get me the magnet sets at Hot Topic, feel free!

I have to be at work tomorrow at 6am so I will totally miss taking pictures of GG on her first day of school. I have taken first and last day of school pictures since she started kindergarten. I will have to relenquish that power to Bubba. He'll be so thrilled.

I'm off to bed, but let me just say this....BB6 is pissing me off!

If I were in that house, I would knock that flip floppin freakin sideways hat off Howie's head!! Drives me batty!


If I told you all the things about the other houseguests that drive me crazy..you'd just call me catty.

Ok, and for the Kaysar fans...I can't close the post with out them...




posted by Angie @ 11:40 PM  
14 Comments:
  • At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh don't be tearin up on Howie now. I love his goofy hat-wearin self :) Feel free to tear up on Ivette, Jennifer, APRIL or Beau anytime.

    P.S. Love the button!

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOVIN' THAT BUTTON!!

    I remember when my oldest started high school. It makes you feel incredibly old, I know. He's a JUNIOR this year. Holy SH**!!

    I tell ya, the oldest I felt was when I was in the parent meeting for his choir trip (the cruise) that he took this year. I was only .. only....20 years ago that I WAS the kid...now I'm the PARENT!! I just felt so out of place....I still feel 18 sometimes...and I'm 38!!

    Hang in there!

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger Beanhead said…

    Love the button, hate the mall. I am on my way over there today to get my daughters bd gifts.

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    love the button, am so jealous I may just head over to the mall today since you know I have nothing to do today. And I need to go turn the air conditioning up after getting a look at that last picture of K,, whew,, I need moment to recover.

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Blogger guppyman said…

    Bye Kay-sar!

    You know they are putting someone in as HOH to kick someone out Saturday. Should have nominations tonight.

     
  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger xtessa said…

    that's a nice tradition of you getting photos of the first and last days...

    school for us won't start till september first... so we have a few more days of The Anya and Mommy Show. *sigh*

     
  • At 5:49 PM, Blogger Jackie Bolen said…

    School starting tomorrow? Isn't it a bit early? Or maybe things just work differently here in Canada then in the USA

     
  • At 6:12 PM, Blogger Tracy S said…

    Man I remember how very cool I thought I was when I FINALLy got a jean jacket ..It was all faded and stuff too ...I too put all my buttons on it ...lol ahhhhh the days of buttons,concert shirts and bandanas ...lol OMG and remember leg warmers ..hehehehe


    Oh yeah and MMMMM Kaysar :) Thanks for the gratuitous eye candy girl ....

     
  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger Dawn said…

    I cried when I took my daughter to her first day of kindergarten.... and high school. I so wanted to walk her in to the building, like I did in kindergarten.

    Next year she will be a Senior. I'll probably cry all year.

    and TAG... new meme for Thursday. Thirteen Thursday. check it out on my blog and play when you can. :)

     
  • At 12:11 AM, Blogger buffi said…

    Hi! Michele sent me! You have some beautiful babies!

     
  • At 12:24 AM, Blogger Carol said…

    Hi there,
    You sound like you're up on fashion. Buttons-I have a bunch from the 70's.

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Blogger Crystie said…

    Angie, I thought of you all during my shift last night. Seems that Movie Gallery sends a dvd to play in the store(OVER&OVER) with some previews of movies with music videos in between. First was Rob Thomas, Then Dave Matthews!! I forget the others, I just thought about you liking them. I told all my co-workers how addicted to blogging I was!! Now, they know Im crazy for sure! Got one in high school huh? I am not looking forward to when it is my turn to have a high schooler. I looked at my daughter who is almost 9, yesterday and I saw a couple of signs of "growing up" Scared me, WAY MUCH!

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger Michael Lehet said…

    First time visitor from Nickle Annie.

    I love Napoleon, I actually just got my Boyfriend the "Vote For Pedro" t-shirt, he's been looking for it for months now!

     
  • At 12:28 AM, Blogger ShellBug526 said…

    Old or no, I love Napolean Dynamite. That was one of those movies where I sometimes had to turn my head because I got embarassed for him, but I loved it. I have a Vote for Pedro keychain. LOVE IT!

    Love the 80's button too, I am so an 80's chick. I actually just bought buttons at a yard sale. I was not a huge fan, but could not pass up the 5 buttons that said Joey, Donnie, Jordan, John, and Danny for $.25, they have to be collectors items.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives