Sunday, August 07, 2005
I-I-I-I-I-I want the knife...
I was just flipping channels around and saw that The Golden Child is on, hence the title.

So last night was the band/guard "dress rehearsal" before the big dance--State Fair Band Day on Wednesday! They looked pretty good. They performed their show twice. They have made quite a few changes this past week at band camp. Changes for the better I think. State Fair should be fun again this year. And...you KNOW I will be having me some deep fried Oreo's again this year. So much for losing weight! :)

I spent the entire time at the show chasing my kids around. Well-behaved? Not my kids. Jameson chose to, while I wasn't looking, run all the way to the top of the bleachers. Now, kids, I do NOT like heights. I mean the thought of being up high and looking down makes my knees weak right now. But, I was by myself (AKA no Bubba) so I had to go get him. The stands were PACKED. (thing #2 I hate, being in front of a LARGE crowd knowing they are looking at me. I have issues, ok?) So, I make my merry little way up to the top by the announcers box and I damn near pass out right there because I accidentally looked down. So I grabbed him and stood there for the next 5 minutes catching my breath and pretending I was on solid ground. Then I threw him down to the bottom where my mom and dad were sitting held on to him and walked him down the 200 or so steps to the bottom. Ok, not 200, but it felt like it. I then, huffing and puffing, (I am soooo out of shape, people!)threatened my children's precious little baby butts with a good whippin' if they so much as looked at those stairs again. My mantra for the night? "I am not doing this again. I am not doing this again. I am not doing this again." Why didn't I send my mom or dad up the stairs to retrieve said child?? Well, they were in the handicapped section sitting in their lawn chairs because, A:my dad has the worst knees on the planet and will soon need knee replacement surgery and B:My mother has had 3 back surgeries and still has bad disks etc...so, I couldn't even plea for their help! Thank goodness it's over. Is it bad that I kept them occupied with Starburst?
posted by Angie @ 4:33 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Atleast it is all over with. I have a big fear of heights too. I probally would have passed out.

     
  • At 7:15 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    I am afraid of heights too! You were so brave!

     
  • At 8:45 PM, Blogger SappyChick said…

    Oh, those band practice days before school started! There's nothing like standing out in the middle of the afternoon in 100 degree heat practicing the same routing over and over again! :)

    Boy, that's 15 years behind me! How old I am!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives